Suppressor wait times getting faster

11boo

WKR
Are y'all getting an email when they're approved, or just a call from the dealer?
Upon Form 4 approval, Capitol Armory will contact you via email with detailed instructions on how to pick up your item(s) from our shop or have your item(s) shipped direct to your residence.

That’s what I expect. They’ll be shipping mine to me. If this works as well as Capital says, I’ll be getting another.

The one I have pending is a .22 can for squirrels and such. Go ahead, hit me with another pine cone.
I need to get a threaded Ruger pistol now, yikes.

Last edited:
Upon Form 4 approval, Capitol Armory will contact you via email with detailed instructions on how to pick up your item(s) from our shop or have your item(s) shipped direct to your residence.

That’s what I expect. They’ll be shipping mine to me. If this works as well as Capital says, I’ll be getting another.

The one I have pending is a .22 can for squirrels and such. Go ahead, hit me with another pine cone.
I need to get a threaded Ruger pistol now, yikes.
You should have gotten an email from the atf when you first submitted and you will get another from the atf once approved.

axeforce6

WKR
I had two approve on the same day last week. One was 4 months. The other was two months.

Antares

WKR
Ugh. This thread is making me crazy. I have a CGS Hyperion thats been backorder with Silencer Shop for a month... I can't even get started on my ATF wait until my backorder gets filled. I want to get in line so I can be one of these magical 7 day approvals.

Geewhiz

WKR
Ugh. This thread is making me crazy. I have a CGS Hyperion thats been backorder with Silencer Shop for a month... I can't even get started on my ATF wait until my backorder gets filled. I want to get in line so I can be one of these magical 7 day approvals.
I feel your pain, but regardless, when you get that can its gonna be bad ass. 🤘

Matt5266

WKR
The 90 day e form has been bullsh1+ since it started. It was always taking almost a year. Just got one last month that took 12 months.

I can't help but think this year is a election year and they are worried if a Republican gets in the White House they will get rid of this unconstitutional crap and it will be as simple as buying a gun. If that happens they will have tons of nasty grams saying people want to withdraw their form 4 and no longer be able to collect their $200 fee. I have a feeling they are going to keep pushing them through hard until November.....

I certified one through silencershop on 1/16/24. Looks like lots of folks who submitted right around then are being approved. Fingers crossed

IDVortex

WKR
Now with so many folks claiming faster approvals, the desire to order a Scythe can even more tempting. If only we had more of a winter in n. ID for more over time. 😂

My buddy just got approved in 4 days! What the heck!!. I wouldn’t believe it if it wasn’t him telling me. Crazy. I’m still over a month of just trying to just certify for one. Haven’t even got to the wait.

leachguy

FNG
I was bracing for 6-9 months. I was reading the other suppressor wait times thread last week and saw all these people with 80 day waits and started to get my hopes up. Talked myself back down to reality and lowered my expectations. I got an email Tuesday morning saying my wait is up. It was like a month from the day I submitted the Form 4. I'm so excited for my Scythe.

IDVortex

WKR
I was bracing for 6-9 months. I was reading the other suppressor wait times thread last week and saw all these people with 80 day waits and started to get my hopes up. Talked myself back down to reality and lowered my expectations. I got an email Tuesday morning saying my wait is up. 2.5 months. I'm so excited for my Scythe.
What is it going on?

ndsportsman

Lil-Rokslider
5 months and waiting for my first can, SS kiosk at Local specialty gun shop. Friend bought his the same time thru local Scheels store, his been approved, picked up and test fired at the range.

Really wishing I had gone individual. I certified my scythe 1/29 using a trust, tons of people that submitted after me have been approved. I'm probably looking at 6 months.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
we've received 40 back in the past week, some as short at 14 days. so if you're stuck with your paperwork at the bottom of the pile all i can suggest is buying another suppressor. if you get approved on the latest one in two weeks, just think of what that does for your average wait! it's the only sensible thing to do!

i dont even need another suppressor but dang, i don't have a dedicated 223 can....