Suppressors and barrel contours

Is there a minimum contour to support a titanium suppressor? I've got my grandpas German Mark V 270 Wby that's threaded with a brake. But I'd like to put my Thunderbeast on it. But the barrel is probably a light sporter. And it already has a tendency to string shots.

I run an Omega 300 on a light contour Dakota and it works fine. I have read about the need for a substantial shoulder for the can to seat against, but been ok so far.

This is probably something you'll just have to test and find out. I shoot a pencil barrel AR15 in 223 suppressed without any accuracy issues, though I rarely fire more than about 20 rounds before I let the gun cool off a little.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
Probably the limiting factor is whether or not the barrell has enough shoulder for the suppressor to seat against. Contact TBAC and ask them about your particular barrel. They were very helpful when I contacted them.

Samson7x

WKR
There is a limiting factor for shouldering. You could consider using a muzzle device that indexes on the crown rather than the shoulder. TBAC offers those special order I believe. Also consider threading to different pitch in order to have enough shoulder. May get away with 1/2-28 on a 270? Ask TBAC.