T3X Stock Upgrade

OP
T

T3X

FNG
thank i was wondering it will worth to try the boyds option for wood. very nice.
Yeah, I originally thought they only did laminate stocks and tried to find a Forest take-off stock for decent price. I'm glad I looked into them again. Pick your options and delivered in less than two weeks.

Resurrecting this thread. Would love to hear how the rifle has performed with this stock. Did you get the opportunity to hunt with it some this fall? Also did you end up bedding it? I’m interested in putting one of these on a blued Tikka.

OP
T

T3X

FNG
Resurrecting this thread. Would love to hear how the rifle has performed with this stock. Did you get the opportunity to hunt with it some this fall? Also did you end up bedding it? I’m interested in putting one of these on a blued Tikka.
It definitely was a simple plug n play swap, with no clearance issues. Put some rounds through it, with no shift in point of impact. Ended the rifle season taking a decent 10pt with broken tines with this set-up. To me the overall feel of the gun is more natural now. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Boyds, quality fit/finish with a quick turnaround.

Attachments

• IMG_20231209_083652631.jpg
    IMG_20231209_083652631.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 41
OP
T

T3X

FNG
No, I did not bed it. Be sure to use the correct torque(listed in the owners manual) for the action screws depending on plastic or metal bottom. I retained the stock plastic.