Talk Me Out Of a 6mm Creedmoor

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
I've been on a big 6mm Creedmoor kick lately. It looks great on paper, but I'd like to hear some real world opinions. Ideally I'd get a Bergara or Tikka to re-barrel and build out. Main use would be for thermal hunting hogs, and coyotes. It'd also be nice if I could use it on deer, antelope and black bear. Currently am down to only having a M70 in 7Mag and a 223 AR so looking for a good "in between" caliber

I don't reload and factory ammo for the 6mm has been readily available even when most calibers aren't and so that's what really got me thinking about

Cant do it. I just sold a Howa in 6mm CM because I just wanted a different rifle. Plan to either rebarrel my Kimber to 6mm CM or build a 6mm CM on an AR platform.

It's a great choice. Would be near the top of my list of whitetail and smaller options.

VernAK

WKR
I shot out my last 243 and went with the 6cm......I'm very happy with the performance and ease of reloading. I currently have two Fieldcraft 6CMs [one is suppressed] and Ruger Precision. All are very accurate but the Ruger is just too heavy and clumsy for my taste. I'm hoping Sig soon chambers the Cross in 6CM.

I've taken coyotes with the 6CM but find it to be perfect for wolves or caribou. I'm shooting 108gr ELDM in one and 95 LRX in the others.

My buddy shot a buck 4 times at less than 70 yards - closest being 45 yards and recovered 3 of the 4 bullets in the opposite side of hide. There, talked you out of it lol

Shraggs

WKR
I’m very intrigued too. Low recoil with the right speed and heavy for caliber tmk, dtac or similar seems capable of more than deer.

hoping to hear field reports of the new rimmed 115 dtac after season.

id_jon

WKR
Love my bergara. Shoots lights out, I can spot my own impacts, and so far I'm 2 for 2 on big game. Factory berger ammo shoots so well that I haven't even reloaded for it yet, I bet I will like it even more when I can shoot 115s

4ester

WKR
Those 6mms just seem to shoot. I’ve killed antelope and lots of coyotes with mine. Not much different then a 243 to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

103g factory Hornady shooting right at 3000 FPS for me, with plenty of factory ammo (although what used to be $19-$20/box is now $30+) is exactly why I built one.

Recoil is awesome on an 8lb rifle, shoot it suppressed and it’s really sweet.