Tell me about your suppressed hunting rifle

Looking for a new host hunting rifle for my harvester suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nubs

FNG
For whitetail in Wisconsin I run a 300 blackout with an 8" barrel with the Barnes 110gr bullets.

Longer reach or as long as I need, I have a Christensen classic in .308.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Hello All,

I’m looking for rifle ideas, please include make/model rifle. Specifically leaning toward lighter weight rifles

HuntnPack

WKR
Seekins Havak Element. 6.5 PRC 21” (5.5#)
Seekins: ATC Brake, Rings, UBM Rail.
Nightforce NX8, 2.5-20x50 F2
Unknown Munitions 156 Berger’s
Mods Coming soon:
GAP Jäger Suppressor - reflex type
Bartlein 20” #4 Carbon Mod BB

Last edited:
Im running a remington Model Seven with 16.5” barrel in a .308
Im using a Yankee Hill Titanium or a Surefire DT suppressor
I shoot it pretty regular out to 530 yds which is far as my range goes.
Im still finding the perfect scope but for now im running a trijicon accupower
I think its a 4-12x56
I like it but the scope is heavy. Rifle is super light.

ZachW

FNG
Here in Texas, I use a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 6.5 CM with an Oryx Chasis, I am running a Gemtech HVT, super heavy but I got a good deal on it, I am looking at getting a lighter rifle and the harvester for western hunting.

My Silencerco Omega is attached to a 6.5 Grendel with a 16” fluted barrel, and an adjustable gas block. A Nightforce NX8 1-8 sits up top. I’ve shot out to 740yds with no issues. The can attaches by way of an ASR muzzle brake from Silencerco.45F835D6-6867-4F11-93E5-53D30E1E8253.jpeg

My mid-weight/mid-length suppressor host is a custom rifle I had built with a Mausingfield/Manners/Proof combo. I'd say my favorite suppressor host is a Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5CM with an 18" threaded barrel and a TBAC Ultra-5 on it. The whole thing with scope/suppressor comes in under 7 lbs so it's extremely maneuverable and light.

But yeah I have many suppressor hosts since I have 6 suppressors at this point. My .22lr suppressor host is a Vudoo Spectre. All of my suppressors are TBAC so I lean that way brand-wise.

sram9102

WKR
Had a 6.5 tikka cut down to 20" that I'm planning on using for the foreseeable future.
Hunted alot the past handfull of years with a 16.5 inch Remington 700 in 308.
Have a 12.5 .223 that is a ton of fun to shoot and a 8 inch 300 BO that I need to get around to shooting a deer with at some point.
I need to get a ultra 7 or something similar eventually my aac can weighs 18 ounces and is terrible to pack around.

OP
T
Unless you just want hear what everyone’s favorite color is, you need to be more specific:

what’s your budget?
What’s your goal weight of bare rifle?
custom or semi-custom or factory?
How far are you shooting?
What are you hunting?

I’m looking to hear what people are using as a host rifle for their suppressor to make sure I’m considering all rifle options. Not to stuck on custom/factory because the budget allows either. Not stuck on an goal weight but somewhere between 6lbs-7.5lbs with a 20”ish barrel. Caliber will likely be a 308/30-06

A similar 20" carbon wrapped barrel will shave off about 3/4 pounds compared to an SS barrel. It is not realistic to have a 6 pound suppressor host with a SS barrel that has adequate diameter to shoulder a can. Your top end of 7.5 pounds will be right in there for an SS barrel - otherwise look for a CW barrel.
That's generally true but there are solutions to this, such as the way Barrett did it with their Fieldcrafts. I have carbon fiber barreled customs and I'm still very impressed with my Fieldcraft as a suppressor host.

I use a TBAC 338 Ultra suppressor on my 28" 300 Norma. Really comes in handy when you need to pole vault over a creek.

Just make sure you place the butt down for said pole vaulting, don't want to get debris in the can. Depending on the size of your sack, you may also want to have the rifle unloaded during these advanced maneuvers.

chefcreed

FNG
With the mount options you have plenty of choices in barrel size. Just had a Howa Mini #1 threaded 1/8 x28 for a Rugged Radiant Mount. It’s on the edge but works well. Cost was $100 to thread and mount. Howa is offering quite a few new models with threaded sporter barrels.

Jpterry

FNG
Agree on the Fieldcraft and they do pop up on GB if you can be patient. I have a 7-08 with 18" barrel running a Harvester on it. The barrel end is pretty ugly how they enlarged the tip to accommodate a can but it is a very light weight rig with a can and accurate.

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
Most of the stuff out there can be configured for suppressor use. Started shooting suppressed a couple years ago and now about 80% of my long guns have been modified for a can. The other 20% I'm not currently fooling with cuz I really like the can. Currently have 3 6.5's, all were purchased with threaded barrels and 2 have never been fired without a can on. As of 9:10 PM today my current favorite "suppressor hosts" are
X bolt predator, shortened to 18", TBAC ultra 7, Zeiss V4. Heavier than what you are looking for
Summer project was my uncles old remington 722 in 300 savage, barrel cut and threaded at 20", converted it to bdl style in a 700 mountain rifle stock I had laying around, TBAC 7, leupold vx2, comes in at 7 1/4 lbs unloaded

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
That last post contains a dirty lie, I weighed the 300 savage without suppressor

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I have a SilencerCo Hybrid-46 that I mount on a Remington 78 Sportsman that had the barrel cut down to 20". I also put it in a B&C stock and installed a Timney trigger.

fboE9H4.jpg

I also mount that suppressor on two AR-15s, one in 5.56, and one in 6.8 spc that works well for whitetail. Will probably use the 6.8 more than anything for deer hunting.