Text Message in the Mountains? (goTenna)

colonel00

WKR
I believe it's only from one device with the gotenna to another with the gotenna. Basically a fancy walkie talkie.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have been quite amazed the last few years at the places I still have reception. Line of sight is still key, so when I'm at 11k+ I seem to pick up reception pretty well these days. I use Verizon.

I have been quite amazed the last few years at the places I still have reception. Line of sight is still key, so when I'm at 11k+ I seem to pick up reception pretty well these days. I use Verizon.

I agree with this, I am often finding myself with surface in the remote back country of Colorado. I also back country ski / mountaineer and love sending my buddies who are work pics from summits....

Both Hunting trips I went on last year 10-15 miles in on a Forrest service road then 2-3 mile hike in I had service to text.

Pittstate23

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool products. Does anyone know of if theres a consumer product that would boost 4g coverage ? I am looking for something that would allow me to check emails on my phone in remote locations.

Very cool products. Does anyone know of if theres a consumer product that would boost 4g coverage ? I am looking for something that would allow me to check emails on my phone in remote locations.

I, along with several co-workers, have the Willson Sleek. I use it every year at the hunting cabin and it works quite well when on the edge of coverage. If you don't have coverage nerby it might not work. It also depends on having some metal to attach the antenna to like the top of your car or the metal roof on a cabin.