The Glock 20 is ugly & now pointless šŸ˜

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
That is an attractive weapon. I do know my long slide Glock is very accurate.
I look forward to hearing more.

It sure does look better, but I don't really care how it looks I care how it functions. Hopefully my range will get one for me to shoot and see how it feels.

that sig looks like a sweet pistol.... i personally got rid of my G20 that was my woods gun for several years, and replaced it with a springfield hellcat, i do love the 10mm as a cartridge, but i didn't see a practical need to carry the extra weight or bulk on the Oregon coast... if 13 rounds of 9mm hardcast doesn't do the job, i seriously doubt a 10mm would change the outcome, and the G20 was just a tough pistol to shoot well for me.... i really don't like glock triggers.

i was going to get a P365, but i liked the balance, ergos, and trigger, and sights better on the hellcat. Sig has really stepped up the past few years and has built some excellent pistols... if i ever find the need for a 10mm again, this Sig will be where i start shopping.

i do like Glocks, still have a couple, but i wish they would refine their triggers a little, that's pretty important to me on a pistol, i have a hard time with repeatability with stock glock triggers.... if i don't shoot it for a month, it takes some rounds to get back to decent shooting.... my hellcat is easy to shoot well in comparison, and the few sigs i have shot were the same... could be ergos and trigger together, but Glocks are the least intuitive to me.

BjornF16

WKR
The strong suit of the G20/29 remains lower barrel height resulting in less torque recoil/muzzle rise (even if it is fugly).

That said, I have several Sigs in 9mm including my daily carry P365.

I look forward to seeing this Sig 10mm in the wild

WKR

WKR
I think most guys that talk crap on glocks or specifically the glock 20 don't have one and haven't shot one.

I used to be one of those guys. Now that I own one my perspective has changed.

Since it is a Sig, it will double as a hammer. (just make sure it does not have a round in the chamber). I will be curious to see how much that sucker weighs.

Because Sig just did this......

Any idea how much it weighs? I love the Sig SA/DA pistols (I have a P220) but for backpacking I donā€™t want something heavy. I bought an ugly ass XDM because my Sig Emperor Scorpion 10mm is a chunk to haul around all day. I love the 1911 but I also hate the extra weight.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Any idea how much it weighs? I love the Sig SA/DA pistols (I have a P220) but for backpacking I donā€™t want something heavy. I bought an ugly ass XDM because my Sig Emperor Scorpion 10mm is a chunk to haul around all day. I love the 1911 but I also hate the extra weight.

I know literally as much about it as you, but I would imagine it's going to be within a couple of ounces of Gaston's Brick. Sig seem to be getting better at losing excess weight these days.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Justā€¦ stop.

Looks werenā€™t improved but the G20 became pointless when SA introduced the XDM in 10mm. All of the weight advantages of the block but with much better chamber support and rifling.

I like the looks of the Glock better.

BjornF16

WKR
Justā€¦ stop.

Looks werenā€™t improved but the G20 became pointless when SA introduced the XDM in 10mm. All of the weight advantages of the block but with much better chamber support and rifling.
I have a G20 with fully supported chamber and rifling...it just happens to have an aftermarket barrel.

I personally would never use an XDM for a defense weapon due to its grip safety...yes, I've actually fired one and had issues. And watched a friend repeatedly fail to disengage it during a defensive handgun course. N=2, but there it is...

So...Just...stop with the G20 hate. It is still very relevant. So far, no other design has come out with any close to the short barrel height of the Glock which makes aimed follow up shots quicker.

BjornF16

WKR
Defensive bunch, aintcha?! šŸ˜†
Lol...not really. I admit the Glock is fugly. I gave mine a paint job to help :cool:

I shoot Buffalo Bore hardcast through mine. I haven't had any issues with it but bought the KKM barrel and stiffer spring to try out since it has been talked up so much.

I do look forward to handling/shooting one of these new P320 XTen...I'm afraid it will be all hat, no cattle.

So...Just...stop with the G20 hate. It is still very relevant. So far, no other design has come out with any close to the short barrel height of the Glock which makes aimed follow up shots quicker.
Iā€™m m sure there are tons of anecdotes to explain why ā€œIā€™ll never carry a Glock, or a S&W, or aā€¦ take your pick.

The G20 is relevant after you buy a new barrel šŸ˜‰

I actually own a Glock, at least my wife does. I donā€™t much care for them and I always thought the ā€œperfectionā€ thing was laughable. I understand that they are popular. I also understand that hardly ablesons are popular. Neither do a thing for me but Iā€™d never tell you how to spend your moneyā€¦ on guns or motorcycles.

My ā€œjustā€¦stopā€ was said in jest.

Glock people can be so touchy šŸ˜¢

Last edited: