The Glock 20 is ugly & now pointless šŸ˜

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
If only it was on the Ca roster of approved pistols
Would it also be illegal to buy it out of state and then bring it back to CA? Or is there no way to legally own a pistol in CA that is not on the roster of approved pistols?

Weigh more-pay more-cry more. I dislike paying the added weight penalty on deep backcountry treks. beside, I think my G40 is sexy. one of the few firearms you can buy in the backyard for a year, hose off and burn hundreds of rounds with fail. Very few parts = fewer failures. Treestandfatboy doesn't know what he's talking about. I carry a Glock every day. It's my EDC because it always fires.

g402.JPGg40.JPG

g40holster1.JPG

Weigh more-pay more-cry more. I dislike paying the added weight penalty on deep backcountry treks. beside, I think my G40 is sexy. one of the few firearms you can buy in the backyard for a year, hose off and burn hundreds of rounds with fail. Very few parts = fewer failures. Treestandfatboy doesn't know what he's talking about. I carry a Glock every day. It's my EDC because it always fires.

View attachment 409832View attachment 409833

View attachment 409837

I think I just found the LAST gun I would carry!

If you could add more accessories to make it more impractical, what would they be?

Taller sights?

The number one issue why I don't own any Glocks is grip angle.

I can pull up any one of my handguns blindfolded and be relatively on-target.
If I did that with a Glock, I'd be 20 degrees high from my intended target.

Muscle memory is your greatest asset in a stressful situation and unless Glock is all you shoot(maybe add a Ruger rimfire or Luger to that), you're relying on a sight picture that just might not be available to you.

Springfield XD, 1911 or Sig if I was looking for a 10mm.

View attachment 409832View attachment 409833

View attachment 409837

If you took my comment as pro Sig you need to spend some serious time working on your reading comprehension.

Would it also be illegal to buy it out of state and then bring it back to CA? Or is there no way to legally own a pistol in CA that is not on the roster of approved pistols?
If you are a resident of another state, yes; otherwise, you would have to find one legally in the state that is for sale. For example, Law Enforcement can purchase off roster guns, and later decide to sell them.

WKR

WKR
If you are a resident of another state, yes; otherwise, you would have to find one legally in the state that is for sale. For example, Law Enforcement can purchase off roster guns, and later decide to sell them.
I heard they stopped letting Leo's sell off roster guns to civilians. Apparently there was too many guys making a bunch of money selling guns at a steep mark up.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
The only reason I want one is because it's a 10mm but I would still carry my G20 over the Sig.

Rokslide and itā€™s members never cease to amaze me.

All this love for an ā€œuglyā€ hand gun. But when it comes to membersā€™ rifles they better be super pretty. No member would be caught dead holding, let alone owning, an ā€œuglyā€ rifle.

All this love for a ā€œcheap plasticā€ or ā€œTupperwareā€ hand gun. But when it comes to membersā€™ rifles they wouldnā€™t be caught dead holding, let alone owning, owning one with ā€œcheap plasticā€ or ā€œTupperwareā€.

Just enjoying the inconsistencies of Rokslide members (general and not specific to any individual) between their preferences for rifles and handguns.

All this love for an ā€œuglyā€ hand gun. But when it comes to membersā€™ rifles they better be super pretty. No member would be caught dead holding, let alone owning, an ā€œuglyā€ rifle
Tikkas are ugly as a wart on a witches ass hole. I love mineā€¦ there I said it. I love the ugly ones. Just not the fat ones. Or the blocky ones šŸ˜‰

MattB

WKR
I heard they stopped letting Leo's sell off roster guns to civilians. Apparently there was too many guys making a bunch of money selling guns at a steep mark up.
The below is a link to a thread started by another guy who "heard" the same thing and was corrected. Based on what I have read, selling off-roster guns at a profit is specifically prohibited by the relevant regulation. Not sure if there has been any additional modifications to legislation since early 2021.

Count me in the Glock camp for a defensive weapon, as I care more about my gun going bang every time I pull the trigger than how it looks.

Cubby

WKR
Personal insults? That really gets your point across.

We are talking about preferences in inanimate objects. No need to be nasty about it.
Pretty sure Ryan just posted about name calling will get you banned.
Just saying

This is the XDM and the G29. Hopefully someone will do a similar apples to apples type comparison when the Sig is available. I went with the short barrel version to save weight. I believe this guy likes the glock better.

Last edited: