The Rokslide Social Distancing for Hope Thread

Thank you for posting this. I’ve not let this whole thing affect me much at all other than all my gyms got closed down. I’ve been getting by at a friends gym in his shop. I picked up a new ceramic Kamado grill a couple days ago and grilled up some nice ribeyes last night. I’ve been out hunting mushrooms and doing pretty well on numbers. Probably going to go out for a couple hours today and gather some to fry this evening or tomorrow. Probably do some catfishing this weekend as well. I need to make a trip to Sams or Costco and pick up a couple briskets to smoke this coming week. A friend of mine and myself will be out chasing turkeys in a week or two. Life as normal for me. As long as the drive thru at Chic-fil-et doesn’t close down, I will have not lost any luxuries in my daily life.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 3rd generation family owned nursery. We can't grow vegetable plants fast enough! People who have never gardened before are putting in tomatoes and other veggies. So I'm working just as much this spring as any other year.

I've got a place to go turkey hunting, but I don't know when I can make it. The time I'm not working I tend to spend with my family who's been at home every day all day. Maybe I can put together a family trip, that would be nice.

WCB

WKR
MN goes into a stay in place order tonight. But, not much of a change for me...just working from home. I'm in an essential business so can go into the office when I need to. Wife is a teacher so she is at home working making lessons, mentoring other teachers, helping everyone out in general as best she can from the kitchen table. Our 10 month old is getting sick of us I think, but is also loving all the attention at home. Overall we figure we are saving a little over $1000 a month without child care, fuel costs, buying lunches, other random purchases. Also saving some mile on my vehicle being a drive 50 miles a day for work.

Got the garage organized, started getting the yard repaired from winter, and got some Euro mounts finished finally. Guns are all cleaned and repairs made to any and all hunting/fishing gear. Plan on doing some fly fishing and possibly turkey hunting in the next couple weeks and should be able to get out 1 more time ice fishing.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Got some big wood with Cash this morning. He’s earning some $ while we heat the house.
c1d203559314d56faa0c5b4399850afd.jpg

4f7b7763fbade7d34133fc38fc2dd075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
We haven't changed much on our end. Some of it is we're pretty secluded already and the other part is I know we'll come out of this in some fashion. We have turkey hunters booked to arrive in a few weeks. I talked to a couple of them from the next state over and they were worried I was going to cancel hunts. We're not cancelling any hunts or changing anything on our end. We're using this time to set up all of our blinds and check for issues, break out all of our decoys and make sure they have stakes and of course scout the hell out of our areas.

I'm also using this time, and I think everyone should be, in your backyard setting up shelters checking for issues. Learning how to pitch them quicker and in different ways. Laying out your gear and practicing different ways of packing and unpacking all of your gear so when you go on that hunt this fall you can unpack and setup your shelter in the dark quicker. I'd like to spend some of my extra time shooting videos and talking about gear, so if you have any requests from me of gear I have that you want reviewed or seen in a photo or video just let me know.

I'll get pictures posted up of what we've been doing that doesn't involve "hiding behind the powdered milk" as RD says :LOL: everyone just use your brain, best judgment and most of all enjoy this time with your family while you have it.

Robby, I like it! I get so sick of the doom and gloom.

work is not happening right now, and my wife's business is very low production right now, but overall morale is good here... we understand this stuff is out of our control, and it always works out in the end "the lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle"

I have been in the woods and on the river a good bit lately, spring bear opens in a few day, we are gonna get a good amount of rain in the next few days, and winter steelheading should get really good with very little pressure, then when the weather break, there is a big boar somewhere that's gonna be in trouble.

April is also my favorite month to call lions, so I think by the end of the month i'll have my first of 2 lion tags filled.

I have also been getting lots of stuff ready for the boat when we do get back to work, and being at home is always entertaining with my 4 schipperkes to make sure there is never a dull moment..... they are the best "lockdown" breed there is, they are little characters.

I think we will be back to normal life sooner than later, and there will be lots of work and lots of people ambitious to work.... I think looking back on this scenario will not be a really big deal (as a whole) I think we'll bounce back quick and get our momentum back.

i'm never home this much, so hopefully I can keep any extra "quarantine weight" off, haha.... I have been eating more being at home more, but there is plenty of stuff to do in the very near future to not let that happen.

i'm glad the mass panic was a short phase, people have pretty much mellowed out for the most part, but stores are pretty weird right now, but I try to not go to any of them.

have 5 freezers in my shop mostly full of fish and game meat, so we are sitting pretty there, as well as friends and family, and neighbors in our little community.

thanks for posting this thread, the negativity gets old, and it's the reason I have left other forums and never got any social media. lots of people seem to thrive in drama and negativity, which I don't understand.

It eats dodge 1/2 ton ecos for snack

does it have the 300 inline 6 in it? I had a 95' 1/2 ton, standard cab short box, and that was the best woods rig I have owned. that thing held the road so well on gravel, and it was comfortable in the winter when it's slick. I miss that pickup. I bought it with 60k miles for a good deal. another thing I regret getting rid of.

mcr-85

WKR
I went hunting coyotes with my dad Saturday. We had one coyote work the dogs really good. My dad shot him and he spun and took off. My female trailed him a ways but I called her off at a little over a half mile. No recovery on that one. It was good to spend some time with my dad.

Last night my boys and I went for a drive with the dogs and made one stand. No coyotes last night but there is nothing better than being in the hills with my kids.

gator.jpg

IMG_20200326_183800.jpg

IMG_20200326_184317.jpg

IMG_20200326_191149.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
does it have the 300 inline 6 in it? I had a 95' 1/2 ton, standard cab short box, and that was the best woods rig I have owned. that thing held the road so well on gravel, and it was comfortable in the winter when it's slick. I miss that pickup. I bought it with 60k miles for a good deal. another thing I regret getting rid of.

460 v8. There’s a lot of value in those trucks. You can get good deals on them, and as long as you got a Ford mechanic they’re not too expensive to keep running if something does go wrong. I’d love to have one of these new $60,000 F250s with the gas engine I see running around, but times like this, I’m sure glad I don’t have a truck payment.