The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Another great day today, Anchored by PLUG. Anyone have any thoughts on Rolls Royce? The stock is extremely cheap right now and might have some upside when they start building jet engines again in the near future. Just thinking out loud and wanted some opinions on it.

Glad to see IVR bouncing up a little today. I can not wait to get out from under that turd. haha.

Broomd

WKR
Glad to see IVR bouncing up a little today. I can not wait to get out from under that turd. haha.
Don't bail yet, I know it's tempting. Hang in there.
With 4K shares, I'm finally right at even myself. And....got a divi today from IVR.

LNKCY aka Luckin Coffee aka China's Starbucks with 4000 + stores, is rocketing today. It was delisted due to malfeasance and now seeks relisting.
If the legal hurdles continue to be cleared that stock will go ballistic. It was $50 a year ago.

Hoping my lowly 1000 shares will pay bank, so far so good.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
is anyone following Gamestop?!?! It's absolutely insane, I sold yesterday @ $100 (bought at 46) and its now at $218 after hours!!!
I thought about it back when everyone was talking about the new CEO and it was around 80 bucks a share but didnt want to get caught in the FOMO. Bad call...agian.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Bought 2,000,000 shares of HCMC at .0001 a couple weeks ago and hit my limit order to sell at .0004 today. Should have placed it a little higher but I will take 600 bucks in profit.

For those that are interested its sitting at .0005 right now. They are in a lawsuit with Phillip Morris and it looks like they have some pretty solid potential to win in late February. It probably has some potential to make some good jumps but it is OTC, so play with that risk in mind.
I bought in when Fred A Davis recommended it over on Stocktwits. Can’t remember who it was that recommended following him but thanks. He is a good one to follow for people new to the stock market. Holding 3,800,000 shares at .0001 now. Don’t know if I will keep holding tomorrow or not if it gets over .001.

CorbLand

WKR
I bought in when Fred A Davis recommended it over on Stocktwits. Can’t remember who it was that recommended following him but thanks. He is a good one to follow for people new to the stock market. Holding 3,800,000 shares at .0001 now. Don’t know if I will keep holding tomorrow or not if it gets over .001.
Same for me. I didn't really expect it to run that fast so I set it to sell at .0004 thinking I could watch it go up and adjust as I needed...oh well.

I have played with a couple OTCs and have seen them jump quick and back down just as fast. Its definitely on the watch list to see if it dips back down again.

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
01/15 I throw 1k at GME at 34.51. I tell the guy in the office next to me trust me, this thing is either going to be cut in half or triple. He just laughed his ass off. He bought in at 44. Friday when it popped to 73 he sold and thanked me for being stupid and holding through the weekend. I lost my stomach Monday when the morning slide happened and sold at 92.83. Now I am the one telling him he is stupid buying back in at 120 today...... Yep this is a wild rollercoaster and I am the dumb one afterhours.

I agree with this ^^^ that *would* change his life for the better.

It's not near as cool of a story when the ending is that you held too long, the money just slipped away as you prayed price would go back up but kept sinking, and in the end you made minimal profits.

BBob

WKR
I don't know you or your son, but tell him he should sell immediately. 100k is life changing money pulling that and putting it into a S&P 500 ETF. Especially if he is young.
Absolutely this. If he took that $100K and put it in the S&P for 40 years and did nothing else it could be in the neighborhood of $2 mil plus ($2M @ 8% avg return, $4.5M @ 10% avg return). Say he's 15 now and he added to it over the years he'd be sitting very pretty!

Last edited:

pirogue

WKR
Absolutely this. If he took that $100K and put it in the S&P for 40 years and did nothing else it could be in the neighborhood of $2 mil plus ($2M @ 8% avg return, $4.5M @ 10% avg return). Say he's 15 now and he added to it over the years he'd be sitting very pretty!
15 now??? How many kids 15 or less has $7K-10K (500 shares at $14-$20)to buy stock to start with. If he had that much at that age, he probably doesn’t need to think long term like most.

22lr

WKR
Bought 2,000,000 shares of HCMC at .0001 a couple weeks ago and hit my limit order to sell at .0004 today. Should have placed it a little higher but I will take 600 bucks in profit.

For those that are interested its sitting at .0005 right now. They are in a lawsuit with Phillip Morris and it looks like they have some pretty solid potential to win in late February. It probably has some potential to make some good jumps but it is OTC, so play with that risk in mind.

Awesome! I rolled the dice on 100k shares a few weeks back, in hindsight I should have loaded way up... o well, ill take a 250% gain for 1 day and hoping to hold for my first 1000% return! Lol