The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
A question for a financial advisor out there. I have a Edward Jones 401k thru work. Not able to touch it till 59.5 without big penalties. Is there anyway to transfer that to another account that I can manage and use before 59.5 without penalties and taxes?
Not a financial advisor but you could rollover the 401k to a Ira which gives you much better control over what you can pick in term of investments.

As far as I’m aware there is no way to use this money without penalties until you are 59.5 except for a few instances (first time homebuyer, higher education, etc). Hopefully a financial advisor will chime in on this.

Been researching FLUX (crypto) ... just my humble opinion but I believe this is gonna be huge going forward. Basically, they're building a totally decentralized web3.0.
One of the best features of this is that the thugs who work for Brandon & big tech can't censor & deplatform anyone. Many other substantial benefits as well.
If you've ever considered running nodes for passive income, you can now run some of them directly on FLUX cheaper than paying for a VPS. They currently have three pretty expensive tiers for their FLUX nodes but will be releasing a new structure soon with less expensive options.
Just got listed on Binance also

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
Not a financial advisor but you could rollover the 401k to a Ira which gives you much better control over what you can pick in term of investments.

As far as I’m aware there is no way to use this money without penalties until you are 59.5 except for a few instances (first time homebuyer, higher education, etc). Hopefully a financial advisor will chime in on this.
I'm a financial advisor. If you're over 50, you may be able to do an "in service withdrawal" that would allow you to take as much as half to an outside IRA. It will depend on the details of your 401k and you'll need to talk to your HR Dept. As to using it, there are very specific rules set forth by the IRS for what you can use some of the assets for without being penalized if you're under 59.5. Suggest you look into those or talk to an accountant. One other thing, if any or some of your assets are in a Roth 401k and they're able to be moved to a Roth IRA, you should he able to take the principle (not the growth) out without taxation or penalty. I'd again consult with an accountant. Best of luck.

Poser

WKR
Been researching FLUX (crypto) ... just my humble opinion but I believe this is gonna be huge going forward. Basically, they're building a totally decentralized web3.0.
One of the best features of this is that the thugs who work for Brandon & big tech can't censor & deplatform anyone. Many other substantial benefits as well.
If you've ever considered running nodes for passive income, you can now run some of them directly on FLUX cheaper than paying for a VPS. They currently have three pretty expensive tiers for their FLUX nodes but will be releasing a new structure soon with less expensive options.
Just got listed on Binance also

I can’t seem to find FLUX on Binance. It is available on Gate.IO, but that exchange platform is a PITA since you can’t purchase with USD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KsRancher

WKR
I'm a financial advisor. If you're over 50, you may be able to do an "in service withdrawal" that would allow you to take as much as half to an outside IRA. It will depend on the details of your 401k and you'll need to talk to your HR Dept. As to using it, there are very specific rules set forth by the IRS for what you can use some of the assets for without being penalized if you're under 59.5. Suggest you look into those or talk to an accountant. One other thing, if any or some of your assets are in a Roth 401k and they're able to be moved to a Roth IRA, you should he able to take the principle (not the growth) out without taxation or penalty. I'd again consult with an accountant. Best of luck.
Thanks. I opened up a TD account on my own and would rather put my money in it instead of the Edward Jones account. I am putting 15% of my gross into it, but not being able to touch it till 59.5 is starting to bother me. Hopefully be done with the working for other people by 50yrs old and want the flexibility of managing and having access to my own money

Last edited:
I can’t seem to find FLUX on Binance. It is available on Gate.IO, but that exchange platform is a PITA since you can’t purchase with USD

I’m not seeing it on Binance.us either. It’s on kucoin. Maybe using a vpn to access Binance idk? You can do it on simpleswap.io

I’m not seeing it on Binance.us either. It’s on kucoin. Maybe using a vpn to access Binance idk? You can do it on simpleswap.io
It's not on Binance.US, just the regular Binance & Gate.io but the easiest way is send some USDT to KuCoin & get it there.
I decided last night when I was in the bed to buy a bunch of it (it was around $1.70) Got busy with family stuff today & just saw it's up over $2.25 ... damn. Guess I'll wait for a pullback. (hopefully)

Poser

WKR
It's not on Binance.US, just the regular Binance & Gate.io but the easiest way is send some USDT to KuCoin & get it there.
I decided last night when I was in the bed to buy a bunch of it (it was around $1.70) Got busy with family stuff today & just saw it's up over $2.25 ... damn. Guess I'll wait for a pullback. (hopefully)

If it’s still only available in those exchanges, it’s in its infancy. You have to geek pretty hard to Be on gate.io

If it’s still only available in those exchanges, it’s in its infancy. You have to geek pretty hard to Be on gate.io
Agree on both points. First point is why I wanted to load up. Just a matter of time till it hits Coinbase , FTX, etc. & it'll definitely pop. Binance listing resulted in 145% gain in 6 hours

dpat

FNG
Kucoin is super simple to use buy it there and send it to your trust wallet or wherever you keep your crypto. Kucoin does not have KYC so no ID needed to set up account. Binance does have KYC now so even with VPN you still are gonna have to supply ID which will make it a no go if you are in the U.S. They sent me an email telling me I had to supply a picture ID which in noway was I gonna do

Agree on both points. First point is why I wanted to load up. Just a matter of time till it hits Coinbase , FTX, etc. & it'll definitely pop. Binance listing resulted in 145% gain in 6 hours

Yeah Kucoin usually has newer coins before the major US exchanges do. Usually when something hits Coinbase or Binance.us, FTX or even Crypto.com, it then takes a run.

Broomd

WKR
CGXEF up over 150% over the past 6 trading sessions...
Congrats to those who entered there.

I'm holding for 52wh...will evaluate if we reach it.

Johnboy

WKR
BORE, er, I mean, BORR seems to be making a comeback after its 2:1 reverse split a few weeks ago. I remain skeptical of the market in general, but I'm holding onto hope that energy is going to rip while everything else flounders in the coming months.

So there you have it, fellas. The anti-prophet Johnboy has spoken.

AMP did take a nice jump this morning. It is looking more and more promising the more research I do. Seems like a solid long term hold with a lot of potential.

BBob

WKR
CGXEF up over 150% over the past 6 trading sessions...
Congrats to those who entered there.

I'm holding for 52wh...will evaluate if we reach it.
It tagged and pulled back from the upper weekly Bollinger today. If it rips to the 52wh it'll blow out of the band, when it does that it typically pulls back/sells off. Something to watch. FWIW This has been very typical of any stock in this market.

Something else to keep in mind with the current rally:

the so-called Santa Claus rally, a seasonally bullish period in the last five trading sessions of a year and the first two in the new year

Last edited: