The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Felt good about how TSNP ended up after losing over $50k the last few days . Been eyeing PGAS since $0.04 and have finally decided to take a position if anyone is looking for an oil/gas play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkyinzer

WKR
I rode some APHA in my IRA but dumped most of it for gains. Here's my thing about weed and please correct me if I'm wrong because I am not very studied on the industry despite all I consumed in college. Aren't all the publicly traded companies Canadian? They ride the waves of prospective legality sentiments in the US. How the hell does that work? When it becomes legal on the federal level here I would assume it's going to be a 100 meter sprint to mobilize infrastructure, but it's not like the CN companies have a leg up, do they?

We already have a loose industry in place, damn near 75% of states are already legal rec or medical. I would assume a lot of major US players are already in the game or have gameplans ready to roll. I don't see all these canadiers storming the southern border to justify the level of hype their shareholders are pumping.

OXN939

WKR
Where else is it gonna go, they bled a week of gains out of the top two

TLRY has a solid distribution network, but CRON has a 45% partnership with Altria. It's really hard to see any scenario other than big tobacco style profits once legalization starts kicking off federally.

Johnboy

WKR
I been watching his stuff but I cannot for the life of me buy any of his calls through td Ameritrade. What platform are you using if you don’t mind me asking?

I bought BKMP and CHUC through TD Ameritrade. I went through the process of qualifying for real-time price quotes, but I think there are other perks that came along with that. Maybe one of them is ability to buy OTC stocks, which both of these (and all of the other Fred Davis micro penny stock plays) were. Not sure on that.

Brink

FNG
I rode some APHA in my IRA but dumped most of it for gains. Here's my thing about weed and please correct me if I'm wrong because I am not very studied on the industry despite all I consumed in college. Aren't all the publicly traded companies Canadian? They ride the waves of prospective legality sentiments in the US. How the hell does that work? When it becomes legal on the federal level here I would assume it's going to be a 100 meter sprint to mobilize infrastructure, but it's not like the CN companies have a leg up, do they?

We already have a loose industry in place, damn near 75% of states are already legal rec or medical. I would assume a lot of major US players are already in the game or have gameplans ready to roll. I don't see all these canadiers storming the southern border to justify the level of hype their shareholders are pumping.
Aphria owns a large US brewery and has global distribution. The new aphria/tilray will have a US hq and aims to capitalize on the burgeoning US market

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
What are most of you targeting for GTE to get to? Even pre covid this stock wasn't too much higher than it is sitting at now.

I’m going to put a little more in bkmp. Already up 50%.
Also did a yolo lotto on acb after the crash to speculate on earnings announcement. I may be holding the bag tomorrow but who knows.

Broomd

WKR
What are most of you targeting for GTE to get to? Even pre covid this stock wasn't too much higher than it is sitting at now.
The oil stocks were not in the best shape price wise pre-covid, retail prices were way down, the market was saturated. Trump was good for consumer prices, but bad for the oilers themselves.
We can expect much better results in this market as things open up. OPEC+ has openly stated that it wants $80 oil. When oil was $80 CDEV was $18+ if my math is right.
Your results may vary, grin, but methinks we should see a real breakout with GTE, RIG, and others.

Thinking $2+ minimum for GTE.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
I been watching his stuff but I cannot for the life of me buy any of his calls through td Ameritrade. What platform are you using if you don’t mind me asking?

TDA works (thinkorswim platform) but you have to place limit orders, no market orders and there is a $6.95 fee for OTC.

Can some explain the settled cash thing I am dealing with on Fidelity? I put money into the account and bought some shares. I wanted to sell some for a quick profit but it says my shares are not settled. When I bought them I noticed my cash available to trade was high enough but I had $0 settled cash.

So if I wait to buy shares with settled cash will I be able to turn shares in the same day?

KD32

FNG
Can some explain the settled cash thing I am dealing with on Fidelity? I put money into the account and bought some shares. I wanted to sell some for a quick profit but it says my shares are not settled. When I bought them I noticed my cash available to trade was high enough but I had $0 settled cash.

So if I wait to buy shares with settled cash will I be able to turn shares in the same day?
If you buy with settled cash, you can sell the same day.

BBob

WKR
If you buy with settled cash, you can sell the same day.
And if you don't you've committed a good faith violation and if you do it more than once they will put you in time out and you can't touch your $$ for awhile. :)

You should look up pattern day trader rules and pattern day trader strategies. Also look up the good faith violation I mentioned above. Both will help explain the whys and hows and keep you out of trouble. Large brokers like Fidelity, TDA and Schwab won't let you get away with rule violations. They'll warn you once but they will lock you out if you don't follow the rules.

Brink

FNG
And if you don't you've committed a good faith violation and if you do it more than once they will put you in time out and you can't touch your $$ for awhile. :)

You should look up pattern day trader rules and pattern day trader strategies. Also look up the good faith violation I mentioned above. Both will help explain the whys and hows and keep you out of trouble. Large brokers like Fidelity, TDA and Schwab won't let you get away with rule violations. They'll warn you once but they will lock you out if you don't follow the rules.
If you trade with a margin account I think you don’t have to worry about the settlement period so good faith and free ride violations can be avoided. So if you want to trade frequently it might make sense to get this type of account, just don’t get carried away and trade with borrowed money.

jlh42581

WKR
If you trade with a margin account I think you don’t have to worry about the settlement period so good faith and free ride violations can be avoided. So if you want to trade frequently it might make sense to get this type of account, just don’t get carried away and trade with borrowed money.

If you trade on margin you can trade with unsettled funds but you are still subject to pattern day trader rules.

Youre allowed to day trade, if you hold over $25k in liquid assets daily in your accounts most places.

I could day trade in my IRA's but I wont. I treat those as only good for solid moves that I cant screw up. My brokerage accounts take WILD swings. I dont have over 25k in them, working on it.