The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Pezboat

WKR
I went down the DePIN rabbit hole last night. This technology is blowing up in the space right now. Follow the hype of the early adapters, get in early and take profits often. Much like DeFi during the last bull run, I expect this technology to have multiple projects with 100-1000x potential. May the odds be ever in your favor. Do your own research on EVERY project you enter.

Would you mind providing some examples of projects you’ve looked into, please? Also, how do you invest in a project? Is it just like buying Filecoin, or are there different ways to get involved?

I went down the DePIN rabbit hole last night. This technology is blowing up in the space right now. Follow the hype of the early adapters, get in early and take profits often. Much like DeFi during the last bull run, I expect this technology to have multiple projects with 100-1000x potential. May the odds be ever in your favor. Do your own research on EVERY project you enter.

What is so interesting to me is effectively getting paid or gaining value stored from energy already used. I’ve been interested in the use of BTC miners to warm water or homes, unlike now where you burn energy, which you pay for, to warm water to take a shower and the energy is lost at that point. If a btc miner is powered (which you pay for) to warm water for a shower, the energy is stored in the form of btc mined and used to pay for power in the future. As adoption increases the power grid will be upgraded to be more efficient and so on…..

Started looking into Nosana for an AI play, looks like it’s had a pretty good run up already though. Nosana is a Sol ecosystem play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmort1754

WKR
Slow day at work and man I just went over these now I am more confused lol

Beendare

WKR
Anyone looked into MPW? Its a commercial real-estate entity but its been hammered. Not a market I follow closely so wondering if there is someone that does that would have some insight.
There is a whole bunch of the smartest guys in the business looking into those banks and risky assets. My sons buddy works for one of the top investment banks- these are the guys you will be competing with on your analysis and whether there is any anomalies. Plus they have access to information that would be hard for us to get.

For the rest of us, the stock chart reflects whats going on.

Yes it was.

I mentioned METAL on Thursday and we’re up 3x since then. Officially up 10x since entering two weeks ago. IMG_8014.jpeg
For those now scratching their heads about the Bitcoin halving, I’d very strongly encourage you to look into it and make a decision as you see fit. Here’s the monthly chart of BTC going back to 2011. The vertical yellow lines are the halvings. Verticals green are the highest it got after each halving (approximately 1.5 years on average). Do what you wish with that info. I’d pay especially close attention to what the blue line has done after each halving in the past.
IMG_8015.jpeg

Yes it was.

I mentioned METAL on Thursday and we’re up 3x since then. Officially up 10x since entering two weeks ago. View attachment 679475
For those now scratching their heads about the Bitcoin halving, I’d very strongly encourage you to look into it and make a decision as you see fit. Here’s the monthly chart of BTC going back to 2011. The vertical yellow lines are the halvings. Verticals green are the highest it got after each halving (approximately 1.5 years on average). Do what you wish with that info. I’d pay especially close attention to what the blue line has done after each halving in the past.
View attachment 679476

Good for you that’s a great return in a short time. I’m expecting a lot of alts to pump in the coming days after this btc run up.

Broomd

WKR
People still bullish on PR?

Yep. Took a hiatus here at this thread, decided to pop in --the original stock forum, *original* and still the best!
PR killing it lately:

MIDLAND, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Permian Resources Corporation (“Permian Resources” or the “Company”) (NYSE: PR) today announced that its Board of Directors (the “Board”) declared a quarterly base cash dividend of $0.05 per share of Class A common stock, or $0.20 per share on an annualized basis. Additionally, the Board has declared a quarterly variable cash dividend of $0.10 per share of Class A common stock. Combined, the base and variable dividends represent a total of $0.15 per share. The base and variable dividends are payable on March 21, 2024 to shareholders of record as of March 13, 2024.

So, .15 divi coming up. This company continues to shine, good lord what an investment this has been!
I'm holding 10k shares bought at the $12 dip end of Nov./Dec. '23. Hoping to pop out with $30-40k in gains here in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

How is everyone else doing?

CorbLand

WKR
Yep. Took a hiatus here at this thread, decided to pop in --the original stock forum, *original* and still the best!
PR killing it lately:

MIDLAND, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Permian Resources Corporation (“Permian Resources” or the “Company”) (NYSE: PR) today announced that its Board of Directors (the “Board”) declared a quarterly base cash dividend of $0.05 per share of Class A common stock, or $0.20 per share on an annualized basis. Additionally, the Board has declared a quarterly variable cash dividend of $0.10 per share of Class A common stock. Combined, the base and variable dividends represent a total of $0.15 per share. The base and variable dividends are payable on March 21, 2024 to shareholders of record as of March 13, 2024.

So, .15 divi coming up. This company continues to shine, good lord what an investment this has been!
I'm holding 10k shares bought at the $12 dip end of Nov./Dec. '23. Hoping to pop out with $30-40k in gains here in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

My ass is getting really sore and chapped from the continued kicking it has received when I remember what I bought and sold PR at.

I don’t cry myself to sleep as much though, so that’s a win.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
PR killing it lately:

Pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered. :D

Eddie

P.S. You are already at your low end based on today's close.

P.P.S. I've been reading this thread for some time, but what really burns my azz worse than a 3 foot flame is that PR was recommended (I think by @Broomd ) at around $6/sh. :cry:

Broomd

WKR
Pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered. :D

Eddie

P.S. You are already at your low end based on today's close.

P.P.S. I've been reading this thread for some time, but what really burns my azz worse than a 3 foot flame is that PR was recommended (I think by @Broomd ) at around $6/sh. :cry:
Eddie, I started sharing CDEV (PR) here at .29 if memory serves. That's where I started buying-- .68 average @ 25k shares.

Coop bet me lunch it wouldn't hit $3. He's planning that meal any day now. :)

I got in at .67 way back when Broomd dropped the intel. Still holding strong! Since I live in Midland I feel more invested/loyal maybe than I really am, or should be. I think it still has room to run honestly. That’s the consensus locally by many, however that is to not be taken as investing advice. Do your own homework, I am gonna hold for a while, Of late, there has been a lot of Big fish buying out small and medium sized companies here. I see that trend continuing until you have 6-8 major players dominating the landscape. How will PR be involved and what moves do they make, I don’t know, but I like the odds and what they have been doing.

twall13

WKR
I picked up a bunch of PR at around $9 sometime last year, but I sold off after it went above $13. Looks like I should have held on longer but I can't complain, I still made a decent little profit on it. I came to this thread a little late in the game but I've enjoyed following along and it's pointed me to some cool opportunities. Thanks for everyone's contributions.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
All you guys bragging about PR...I'm over here hoping and praying I can break even on GTE sometime before I die. That thing about getting slaughtered seems pretty accurate.
GTE = still there too. I did take profits in March '22, so I don't think I'll actually lose money, but you are spot on. Been a total slog, mostly due to the communist President that was elected. "Petro" can't make it up. :D