Thoughts on the new Bronco?

JAM7

FNG
Placed a reservation for a Bronco in summer 2020ā€¦still waiting for Ford to give me a build date. Iā€™m not optimistic Iā€™ll get mine this year.

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
without a solid front axle it's not a serious off-road vehicle. Ford really messed up. I think there will be conversion kits. But if it came stock with a solid front axle it would be a jeep killer. And, I own a jeep

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
MPlaced a reservation for a Bronco in summer 2020ā€¦still waiting for Ford to give me a build date. Iā€™m not optimistic Iā€™ll get mine this year.
My close friend ordered one last fall. He just got it??

without a solid front axle it's not a serious off-road vehicle. Ford really messed up. I think there will be conversion kits. But if it came stock with a solid front axle it would be a jeep killer. And, I own a jeep
It seems to be holding it's own quite well compared to the Rubicons (stock for stock) on the trails, way better on-road. 99% of owners are not "serious off-roaders," including Jeep owners (I have a lifted JKR), so I think Ford hit the sweet spot.

My buddy has a nice 2 door that he loves. The JL Jeeps and Broncos are both a little wider than I'd like, so most likely I'm sticking with JKs...

BroncoAZ

FNG
My close friend ordered one last fall. He just got it??

Depends on what was ordered. Some of the build variations are way out on delivery timelines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seems like a Big Bend 4 door 2.3L soft top is getting built in 3-4 months, not much for parts constraints on those. Hard tops, 2 door, 2.7L, and Sasquatch appear to be prime constraints.

And Fordā€™s screwy allocation model means that some dealerships that solicited hundreds or thousands of orders from all over the country with the carrot of below invoice pricing have reservations that wonā€™t be filled until 2024/2025. Hopefully they will get caught up as production increases and initial demand subsides.

JAM7

FNG
Depends on what was ordered. Some of the build variations are way out on delivery timelines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Living in the northern Great Lakes area Iā€™m not willing to sacrifice on the hard top, which is a major constraint still.

It seems to be holding it's own quite well compared to the Rubicons (stock for stock) on the trails, way better on-road. 99% of owners are not "serious off-roaders," including Jeep owners (I have a lifted JKR), so I think Ford hit the sweet spot.

My buddy has a nice 2 door that he loves. The JL Jeeps and Broncos are both a little wider than I'd like, so most likely I'm sticking with JKs...
Yeah, I don't think most people intend to fully abuse their $40-70k vehicle offroad to the point the IFS really matters vs a SA. I was pricing one out earlier on the Ford website, not too bad all things considered.

Still a lot to be uncovered as time goes by in terms of build quality though. Ford doesn't have the best track record.

There's one for sale off Sprague in the Valley. Might be at NW Motorsports. First good looking Bronco I've seen. Most remind me of the Kia Hamster mobile.
This one? I saw it close up, I'm not a 4 door guy because of the original reason I fell in love with Bronco's, but that is a NICE truck.

Attachments

• 2021_ford_bronco-4-door_2021_ford_bronco-4-door_28a730a3-c2e8-4666-b3cd-18e6e59925aa-np5n1v-53...jpg
    2021_ford_bronco-4-door_2021_ford_bronco-4-door_28a730a3-c2e8-4666-b3cd-18e6e59925aa-np5n1v-53...jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 37
Proud 2021 FE Bronco owner here. I am not going to be taking this off road (kind of as expected given the first edition tag) but this car is a huge step up from my wife's 2014 Jeep sahara lifted, as expected.

I know jeep has made some serious strides in stock vehicles since 2014, and I have no experience with newer models, but the vids and comparisons I have seen is the Stock bronco with sasquatch will almost beat the aftermarket rubicons of today. It certainly holds it own and beats most metrics compared to stock rubis. I got this car to be a daily driver as my F250 I haul to and from my land in OK is not ideal for that purpose. It more than serves the purpose and it a really fun car to drive in. Lightning blue is a great color too.