Thumb release

Gen273

WKR
So - you agree, it doesn't necessarily mean different POI?

My point was this - every bow I own (and have owned) will shoot to the same point of impact with Handheld Thumb, Hinge, or Tension, as it will with my index triggers or a wrist-strap hinge. It's definitely possible, but I do have a pretty detailed tuning process, and make a lot of effort not to bury any of the releases into my face and create pressure that differs shot-to-shot.

I think most people shoot index releases with a neck too long, and I also think most people in general have too much facial pressure...

You definitely don't have to do it this way by any means. But it sure is nice to be able to switch releases up for training, practice, hunting and never have to worry about it.

Yes, I agree that anchor point doesn't always cause impact issues. However, as I started, it could cause impact variance. And, it is my guess as to why the OP is having an issue with a different impact point as he switches between the two releases.

I think we are basically saying the same thing.

Marble

WKR
Close. Take it from a guy who has designed these fancy “string let go” devices. Anchor point is one thing but changing from a dual caliper index finger release to an open hook index finger release will do the same thing. It has to do with the jaw swing of your release, if you switch from a hinge to a thumb button and they have opposite handed jaw swings of the release, it’ll cause the same thing. Move your sight. Keep shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree. Changing one thing, change everything.

Just switching from my hinge to thumb, very similar in size and release type changes my zero. Not much, but a little.

I think most people shoot index releases with a neck too long, and I also think most people in general have too much facial pressure...

Is more facial pressure acceptable if consistent shot to shot? I found recently that I get a better hold and overall shot in a certain position, but it requires me to apply more pressure to the string via my nose.