Thunder beast Ultra 5 vs Ultra 7

this isn't bad info, it's my first-hand experience. i did not shoot my 6.5 cm and prc with my tbac7 without earpro, but with earpro on it still was pretty friggin loud, way louder than a 22. i haven't shot these two rifles with brakes, but the recoil/jump with the can was well more than similar braked rifles i have. after spending somewhere around a grand for the can, tax, etc, i def wish my results matched yours, but they don't, at least for me.
Not trying to take a dig at you man I'm kind of suprized the ultra 7 is so lousy for you, there are definitely much quieter cans than the ultra though..
I will say there's a huge difference in sound reduction/recoil mitigation when I run my Banish 30 in the 9" configuration vs 7".
The first time I shot it with my 30 nosler I actually started laughing because it was so much quieter than I'd have imagined.
I'm so impressed with it that I ordered a Nomad LT (which is one of the quietest cans out there) to cover both of my hunting rifles

I will agree that there's more muzzle rise compared to an aggressive 5 port brake, but a little practice and technique makes it very easy to spot shots

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
This sounds like my exact experience and what I’m trying to do. After some more research and your guys’ input, I’m actually going with an Ultra 7. Filling out the paper work after work today! Thanks everyone.
Awesome, you will love it. The people you hunt with will love it. We’ve also noticed a dramatic difference in how elk respond to a suppressed shot - they don’t bolt after the shot like they have from a normal rifle shot.

Kerbs

FNG
I have a 5, 7, & 9. If I had just one for hunting and everything else it would be the 7. The 5 and 9 fall more into specialty can areas. 7 seems (for me) to be the best compromise of size, weight and performance. I don';t think you will be disappointed.

danimalrx

FNG
Along this line, dominus or ultra 7? I have no need for auto fire, mainly hunting and range work. And although the dominus is shorter, should be more sound suppression due to increased radius

To each their own but some of the stuff said is the opposite of my experience. I have an ultra 5 and 7 and can’t say enough good things about them. Just spent 8 days in Idaho and used the 7 on my 6.5 PRC with a 21” barrel. The sound suppression is awesome. Would I shoot 100 rounds at the range with no ear pro, no chance. My buddy who had never used a suppressor was crazy impressed with the sound reduction and feel in love with hunting suppressed. After my first purchase of a can I bought 3 more in a matter of 6-8 months. Can’t imagine hunting without them. I went down the muzzle brake road and really like them for certain things but after not having time to put hearing protection in on two different hunts and now having some definite hearing loss I won’t hunt with one ever again.
I would agree with david2duck 100%. I am shooting a 6.5 prc with a TB ultra 7 with a 20 inch barrel and it’s the best investment I’ve made. Once you start Hunting suppressed you will never go back! I also have a silencer co-harvester .300 and it has been a pretty good can but has developed a baffle strike and needs to go back to get fixed. Buy the best suppressor you can afford the first time. My vote is for the 7 inch tb ultra 7