Tikka barrel channel

CO2130

WKR
I’m sure I will get some shit for this, but as many know there are not a ton of lightweight stock options for a Tikka T3. I plan on ordering a carbonsix prefit in 7mm stw for mine, and I was curious if anyone has opened up the barrel channel to fit a Sendero or magnum contour barrel? It will be glass bedded and painted. In the future I will probably go with a manners of some kind, or hopefully in the next year or two something else will be available in the 26-30 oz range that’s a vertical grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wizbang

FNG
I’m sure I will get some shit for this, but as many know there are not a ton of lightweight stock options for a Tikka T3. I plan on ordering a carbonsix prefit in 7mm stw for mine, and I was curious if anyone has opened up the barrel channel to fit a Sendero or magnum contour barrel? It will be glass bedded and painted. In the future I will probably go with a manners of some kind, or hopefully in the next year or two something else will be available in the 26-30 oz range that’s a vertical grip.

Did you end up doing this? I’m going to try doing my factory tikka stock but was curious if you had any tips?

Jon Boy

WKR
I did it with a dremel and dowel with sand paper. Stiffened it with bedding compound. Still works great. Killed a bear with that rifle just last night actually. Really no need to spend a lot of money on a stock for a Tikka unless you're going with a chassis or wildcat composites IMO. Your not going to get lighter or any more features unless you go with one of those other options.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk