Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

crich

WKR
I told my wife this is the last one, so it's time to Rok out with my MDT stock out. Just finished putting this together today.

Tikka T3x Compact in .223
Barrel chopped at 17 inches
Banish .223 suppressor
MDT HNT-26 folding chassis
MDT 10-rd mag
SWFA 3-9x42 mil scope
View attachment 689312
17 because you couldnt decide between 16 and 18? This is my dilemma...

17 because you couldnt decide between 16 and 18? This is my dilemma...
Exactly. You get it. Ultimately, I did 77 Hail Mary’s and prayed to the TMK gods for guidance. They said I might need to kill an animal at 463 yards instead of 450, so go 17 inches. With the folding stock, I should be OK, but you never know.

crich

WKR
Exactly. You get it. Ultimately, I did 77 Hail Mary’s and prayed to the TMK gods for guidance. They said I might need to kill an animal at 463 yards instead of 450, so go 17 inches. With the folding stock, I should be OK, but you never know.
Solid logic. However the TMK gods are only reliable as Sierras production line. Idk 17 3/8" would give you that little bit extra "stopping power" ya know 🤔

TreeDog

FNG
Any issues having the superlite threaded and what pitch threads
Looks like you have an adapter or added shoulder, can't tell from the pic.
No, had the local smith do 1/2-28 then bought an adapter to 5/8-24. I’ll probably end up with a thread locker on the adapter and leave it attached to the rifle.

atmat

WKR
No, had the local smith do 1/2-28 then bought an adapter to 5/8-24. I’ll probably end up with a thread locker on the adapter and leave it attached to the rifle.
Definitely use a “permanent” thread locker on it.

atmat

WKR
Definitely use roksett. Red loctite gets loose when you're having a fun day at the range.
I think Red Loctite is >500 degrees rated, right? I would think most folks on a bolt action would be okay.

Rocksett is definitely better and up to like 2,000 degrees.

Hunthigh1

WKR
Where are you guys sourcing sports match rings? I’m having a tough time finding a vendor that is in USA….

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
Where are you guys sourcing sports match rings? I’m having a tough time finding a vendor that is in USA….
Airguns of Arizona. I've ordered two sets from them, took three weeks for the second due to backorder, but that was clearly communicated.

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
I just received a set from Airguns of Arizona as well that were on backorder- took about 3-4 weeks to receive them.

I might work up the courage to post my 6.5cm with a Burris Fullfield on it now that the Burris passed the drop test, but I know BDC reticles aren't really "Rokslide approved." Still love the setup, though.