Tikka T3 7mm PRC

Building mine in 7mm prc right now. Used a 7mm rem mag Tikka I got cheap on gun broker as the donor.
22” proof Tikka pre-fit
Lumley machine ti handle, bolt shroud, and recoil lug
mesa precision altitude stock in alpine
Meraki machine self timing ti muzzlebreak
Mountain tactical 12-24 ounce trigger spring
LRI bolt flute in wrought iron with black cerakote.
Will be topped with a nightforce
Haven’t done the barrel switch yet or cerakoted the action body yet. Will update as build progresses
IMG_6480.jpegUpdate, the 7prc is shooting pretty well. This is rounds 18-21 out of the barrel. hornady precision hunter 175 grain

KU_Geo

WKR
fantastic. How are all the rest of these proof prefits shooting? Thinking of ordering one to swap out my 6.5prc barrel.

Last edited:

sprink

FNG
I just finished putting mine together. It also has a 22” Proof pre fit. I’m just waiting on some headspace gauges and a scope. I’ve got a few boxes of Hornady 180gr and 175gr ammo to test once it’s ready to shoot. If it shoots anything like kickernates rifle I’ll be more than happy.

Attachments

• 83C2AA27-FF32-4AD5-A1B7-6E37E28E6B6A.jpeg
    83C2AA27-FF32-4AD5-A1B7-6E37E28E6B6A.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 135

sprink

FNG
Snake River Cerakote is taking pre orders for ADG 7PRC brass. Should start shipping by September I was told. Better hurry though because as of right now they only have 25 boxes remaining.

Attachments

• 62CFB212-DB65-41E8-9A9D-1D0A914C6CCD.png
    62CFB212-DB65-41E8-9A9D-1D0A914C6CCD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Anyone use Snake River Cerakote before? A little goofy on the payment. They don’t take your cc info just send you an order confirmation. Just wondering if they’re legit

sprink

FNG
Anyone use Snake River Cerakote before? A little goofy on the payment. They don’t take your cc info just send you an order confirmation. Just wondering if they’re legit
They are a supporting vendor over at Long Range Hunting. That’s how I found out about them. I did pre order 2 boxes. You place your order and then you should get a emailed invoice that you pay with a CC.

They are a supporting vendor over at Long Range Hunting. That’s how I found out about them. I did pre order 2 boxes. You place your order and then you should get a emailed invoice that you pay with a CC.
Thanks pre ordered 2 boxes I’ll call them in am with payment t info.

jables

FNG
I appreciate everybody's knowledge and information they're putting into this thread. I plan on buying a Tikka T3X 300win to use this hunting season but hopefully Tikka comes out with their own 7mm PRC before the next. If they don't this thread is a great resource to build one!

Just got back from sighting in my new rig. 7PRC built on a Tikka t3x stainless with a 22" proof barrel and an MDT hnt26 folding chassis. Shoots very well with factory 175 ELDx, the chassis is awesome. I plan to upgrade the optic to something lighter when budget allows but I'm looking forward to September!
I picked up the 300WM tikka used but it was never fired and the proof was a blank I got from a guy who ended up doing a different build and not needing it, so good prices on both. I'm in BC so MDT is more affordable and availabe vs XLR. No suppresors up here so I put a break on and it was very easy to shoot, though loud.
Definitely feeling good about the new setup for elk season compared to the 308 I've used the last couple years. I've killed a 6 point bull the last two years but both shots were close and I didn't love the idea of reaching out with the old set up.

Attachments

• 20230805_135936.jpg
    20230805_135936.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 127
Just got back from sighting in my new rig. 7PRC built on a Tikka t3x stainless with a 22" proof barrel and an MDT hnt26 folding chassis. Shoots very well with factory 175 ELDx, the chassis is awesome. I plan to upgrade the optic to something lighter when budget allows but I'm looking forward to September!
I picked up the 300WM tikka used but it was never fired and the proof was a blank I got from a guy who ended up doing a different build and not needing it, so good prices on both. I'm in BC so MDT is more affordable and availabe vs XLR. No suppresors up here so I put a break on and it was very easy to shoot, though loud.
Definitely feeling good about the new setup for elk season compared to the 308 I've used the last couple years. I've killed a 6 point bull the last two years but both shots were close and I didn't love the idea of reaching out with the old set up.
I hear ya on how loud it is. I already told my buddies to make sure they bring their ear pro this sheep season. How do you like the HNT26? Thinking of putting one on a 6.5 prc build for my kids( and to steal from my kids for future alpine hunts).

I hear ya on how loud it is. I already told my buddies to make sure they bring their ear pro this sheep season. How do you like the HNT26? Thinking of putting one on a 6.5 prc build for my kids( and to steal from my kids for future alpine hunts).
Yeah ear pro is a must.
I am very happy with the hnt26. Not sure if you've seen Exo Mark's comparison between the XLR and the Hnt26 but it's quite good. Personally the grip feels very good in my hand, I like the folding mechanism and it was very comfortable to shoot. Honestly I like the asthetics of the XLR more but that's personal preference. I love how compact it is with the folder! It would be a great choice for a 6.5.

NSI

WKR

I really like my HNT26, with a few caveats.

1) The forend is comfortable and solid, though I've heard some concerns about the attachment screws. The ARCA is useful, but does slip under recoil a bit.
2) The folder and stock are nicely implemented, but it folds far enough away from the body on the left side of the rifle that it's not super duper compact with the bolt stuck out the other side.
3) It's wildly expensive.
4) I really don't like hunting with metal MDT AICS mags for short magnums. Heavy! Loud!

-J

Got my brass today too. Now I need to start ordering parts for the conversion. SAC is 8-10 weeks out on barrel vises. So gives me plenty of time to get everything ready