Tikka t3x aftermarket stock

drrose74

FNG
Looking for opinions on who makes the best aftermarket lightweight stock for the Tikka t3x. Mine 8s a 25-06 so has to be compatible with the long action cartridges. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
D

drrose74

FNG
Looking for the more vertical grip, instead of hunting style. I do some prone shooting at longer distances sometimes as well.

rob86jeep

WKR
Not what you asked, but Tikka does make their more vertical grip that is easily installed. Might be a good gap fill until you get a new stock.

I'm drooling over the new MDT HNT26 chassis that's coming this summer.

It's too bad they don't have a tikka LA inlet for their XRS stock.

The GRS Bifrost looks like an interesting option for a more vertical grip

OP
D

drrose74

FNG
Not what you asked, but Tikka does make their more vertical grip that is easily installed. Might be a good gap fill until you get a new stock.
Thanks for the input but I have the vertical grip but I'm partial to a stock similar to my stockys stock on my 308.
323a9c4c0cd95285e583945427740460.jpg

OP
D

drrose74

FNG
I'm drooling over the new MDT HNT26 chassis that's coming this summer.

It's too bad they don't have a tikka LA inlet for their XRS stock.

The GRS Bifrost looks like an interesting option for a more vertical grip
Awesome looking chassis but my wife would shoot me with my own rifle if I spent 1400.00 for a stock. Lol. Looking to stay 600.00 or less if possible.

Awesome looking chassis but my wife would shoot me with my own rifle if I spent 1400.00 for a stock. Lol. Looking to stay 600.00 or less if possible.

I'm kinda hoping mine never finds out lol. Cause I'm probably gonna find a way to make it happen. That thing is badass.

Depending on what the crowd thinks of the Arca rail forend might get that.

The folder is a maybe. I don't really see the benefit to the folder though. Not like it's gonna sling any better. It won't fit in my eberlestock scabbard any better.

MattB

WKR
I'm kinda hoping mine never finds out lol. Cause I'm probably gonna find a way to make it happen. That thing is badass.

Depending on what the crowd thinks of the Arca rail forend might get that.

The folder is a maybe. I don't really see the benefit to the folder though. Not like it's gonna sling any better. It won't fit in my eberlestock scabbard any better.
The benefit of a folder is you can fit it in or strap it to your pack easily and don't need the scabbard. Not for everyone though.

OP
D

drrose74

FNG
You don't think the Mesa has a vertical grip? I'm confused.
I was referring to the Alterra carbon hunter. I do like the Mesa. Leaning heavily toward the Mesa as a matter of fact.

I have the AG alpine hunter and the Mesa Precision stocks. The forend of the AG is rather square, I prefer the Mesa Precision. It feels better in the hand. Both have a vertical grip.

wyosam

WKR
I ordered a 2nd Mesa about 2 hours after my first one got here. I liked it that much, that fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk