Toilet paper or wet wipes?

grfox92

WKR
I "run" a Shit Kit. It's 2 paper towels per day, a travel pack of baby wipes, and hand sanitizer in a quart sized zipper freezer bag. It stays in an outside pocket and is ready to go at a moments notice. Depends where I am if I bury or not. Most places I'm hunting, a griz is going to eat it long before a person stumbles upon it. If it's off a main trail, or near a trail head, I flip a rock or burry it best I can.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
A griz is going to eat it? Is that for real??
100%.

The guides will dig a hole and and put a little outhouse tent with one of those toilet seat frames over it at their camps.

I know of a guide who last year had a bear that would show up every morning to eat all of yesterday's turds. This went on for weeks.

I found a grizzly pile of shit that had a rolled up diaper in it. Not sure why, but they love eating it.

gobblchsr

FNG
I don't care at all how you clean up, but bury that stuff. It's not hard and no one wants to see it after you're done with it!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
100%.

The guides will dig a hole and and put a little outhouse tent with one of those toilet seat frames over it at their camps.

I know of a guide who last year had a bear that would show up every morning to eat all of yesterday's turds. This went on for weeks.

I found a grizzly pile of shit that had a rolled up diaper in it. Not sure why, but they love eating it.

They think they are dogs.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I thought the backcountry bidet thing was a post wipe cleanup not a wiping replacement … but to each his own
Makes me wonder, would you need to have tweezers to remove slivers from the brown eye after using sticks for wiping?????

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
Kick a hole and crap in it. Wipe with paper towels followed by a wet wipe if needed. Toss used wipes in hole and light with a Bic lighter. When burned up pee on any embers left. Cover the hole. All that is left behind is poop and ashes in the covered hole. Been doing it that way for decades except the wet wipes are new.
This guy thought that was a good idea too. Well, I'm assuming he was thinking but probably not. AZ wildfire from burning TP

Poser

WKR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intunegp

WKR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR if you want to get really clean...

61VbZCd4yaL._AC_SX679_.jpg

i prefer to use a few handfuls of moss. The little tendrils grab the shit a bit better than a smooth medium like TP or wet wipes. I do however like a good wet wipe for final wipe down and residual dirt from the moss.

EdP

WKR
This guy thought that was a good idea too. Well, I'm assuming he was thinking but probably not. AZ wildfire from burning TP
It does take some common sense and care to use that method. Sometimes the burn off isn't practical. More often out west. In the east the forest floor us usually pretty wet, but not always.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
So - are you guys all offended, and freaked/grossed out when you come across animal scat, horse shit on the trail...etc? Are you dropping a duce a couple feet from a trail or camp? When I do my business it is way out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of thousands of acres of wilderness, yet I still make a point of seeking out a log that you would have to make an effort to get to. When I'm done a may kick some bark or ground litter over it, stuff the wet wipes into a rotten/hollow log and call it good. If by a million in 1 chance someone comes across my poop I hope they are able to carry on with their day.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
When I see wild animal poop, I say what animal is that from, some I know some I don't. When I see human crap, I think, that is just the sign of stupid, lazy, disgusting, inconsiderate slobs.

Yoder

WKR
I thought you were supposed to pick it up in a plastic bag then leave it next to the trail.