Trail camera laws

BigRutt

Lil-Rokslider
I have seen it all and used them some. It is fun seeing the wildlife around and what they are doing. It is messed up when you see guide putting out salt licks with cams over them (which is illegal in ID). Also, talked to a guy who was grouse hunting....lol walk up passed his camp cam's litter through out the draw. Come to find out his son was a guide and they were up there vetting a bull. Pretty much timing it coming to and from the fields into the mountains. Just wish ppl making money off of it would stop ruining it for the rest.

tburke86

FNG
Wether you agree with a ban or not, any more rules/restrictions on hunters are a bad thing. Give an inch, they will take a mile. Eventually there will be so many rules that hunting will Basically be illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coues32

WKR
Wether you agree with a ban or not, any more rules/restrictions on hunters are a bad thing. Give an inch, they will take a mile. Eventually there will be so many rules that hunting will Basically be illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So when AK changes flying rules for the benefit of conservation that is a bad thing?
They are not taking away your boots or binos, its a 24/7 electronic device left on public land lagged to a tree.

tburke86

FNG
Changing rules for conservation is different than an all out ban. I also have not seen any statement from the Az commission on how this would be for conservation. Yes there are a few units where there are hundreds of cameras on a water that should be addressed but not an all out ban. I’m just saying it’s a slippery slope when you start taking away privileges in the name of conservation or ethics.

coues32

WKR
Changing rules for conservation is different than an all out ban. I also have not seen any statement from the Az commission on how this would be for conservation. Yes there are a few units where there are hundreds of cameras on a water that should be addressed but not an all out ban. I’m just saying it’s a slippery slope when you start taking away privileges in the name of conservation or ethics.
I know guides that run hundreds of cameras in a unit not mentioned in the units where every tank has multiple cameras.

They are an effective tool for finding trophies hence the whining for being removed.
They should be legal for use on private property same with the baiting that was outlawed a while back.

So with all the awesome crack shot hunters that let her fly at elk because they can range it, not go check for blood because it didn't look like a hit and hell thats a long way to walk. So we shouldn't try to limit or educate hunters because that would be a regulation?
Trail Cameras take away all senses from that animal.

coues32

WKR
I mean who doesn't enjoy seeing this hunters and non hunters on public land.

Self control will conserve hunting that way our kids, grandkids beable to enjoy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-092109_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-092109_Gallery.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20201210-092221_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-092221_Gallery.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20201210-092248_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-092248_Gallery.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20201210-092339_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-092339_Gallery.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20201210-092339_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-092339_Gallery.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20201210-092355_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-092355_Gallery.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20201210-092415_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-092415_Gallery.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 18

Deadfall

WKR
You can't see that more rules and restrictions are a problem. By the time you are done, you'll be lucky if you can hunt water holes.

Might as well just push to ban hunters on public land cause that's what the end result will be.

I work with a federal hunting area and fight to keep hunter access. Every season there are a bunch of whiners, the government response is to strip the hunters of access and further restrict the ones who can go. Your whining is gonna hurt you and future hunters.
This right here

BBob

WKR
As of March 11 there is an alternate proposal on the table.

In part:

● In response to internal and external discussions and comments related to the December proposed rulemaking, at the February 2021 Commission meeting, the Commission voted 5-0 to open a separate rulemaking with proposed language that, if approved, would:

o Prohibit the use of trail cameras for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife within ¼ mile of a developed water source.
o Allow the use of trail cameras to aid in the take of wildlife from February 1 through June 30 as long as the camera is not placed within ¼ mile of a developed water source.

This new proposed language presented in February does not replace the December proposed rule, but provides the Commission with options to consider at the conclusion of both rulemaking processes.

The final rulemaking related to the regulation of trail cameras will not be heard at the March 19 Commission meeting as previously anticipated. The final rulemaking for both proposals will be heard at the June 11 Commission meeting in Payson. At that meeting, the Commission can approve either of the two final rules or terminate rulemaking all together.

Attachments

• AZGFD Update Trail-Camera_March11_2021.pdf
    94.4 KB · Views: 0