Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
@ChrisAU youve got me thinking about swapping my Razor LHT for the Credo. My Tenmile has better glass than the Razor and I have read they’re the same glass.

I tried an LHT and while I appreciate what Vortex is trying to do, the Trijicon just feels like a more quality product all around. Wider FOV and better turrets are the way to my heart.

Shraggs

WKR
Not the 2.5-10 related,

but have put a second credo on a rifle. For my 350 legend I put the 1-4 credo mil mil. It’s a 250 yard cartridge only and should be good for deer with our restrictions. I fully intend to Dail distance by removing the cap as needed

I have put a ton of factory Ammo through this with lots of re zeroing. Scope flat out tracks as moved. Actually love the reticle.

I’m officially a ffp, this for some reason is sfp but I plan on running on 4 only unless I have a low light shot under 125 yards and no need to Dail.

hope to take this next week when a true up a different elk rig, and Dail it to 250 for verification and back to zero, see how it does it.

I’ll report back.
Just wanted to circle back on one of my credos. Settled on a factory load. After zeroing, did some impromptu tracking tests without issue, cane up over down and back to zero. Also verified zero a couple mils up and back.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Can the Credo elevation turret make multiple revolutions, or does the zero stop limit it to one rev (19ish MOA)?

I forget how many MILs I have left, but it’s enough for hunting for sure. I’m still beating on mine and it’s been perfect. I really can’t find anything I like overall better. If I were king for a day I’d cut a few ounces and put Swaro NL Pure glass in it, but alas I am not and I’ll have to make do.

A05F85CB-CFF8-4121-8F70-8E96CAAC454C.jpeg

Vikinger

FNG
Following this.
I'm looking at the Credo 3-9x40. Hard to find info or much feed back on Credo, Huron, Ascent.
Looked through an Ascent side by side with a Leupold VX3HD. Trijicon had noticeably better clarity and light.
Good to hear about the accurate tracking.

Vikinger

FNG
My 2.5-15x42 has tracked flawlessly in a lot of practice over the last few weeks, and yesterday was perfect dialing 1.6 MILs for a 397 yard shot on my first ever Antelope. Hit him a little back on first shot (attributing it to wind I couldn’t feel where I was laying), then drilled and dropped him with a follow up shot about 10 seconds later.

View attachment 336869View attachment 336870
Nice Goat.
that 2nd pic is cool!

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Funny this thread pops up tonight, sat on the ground in a swamp this afternoon. Shot the widest (albeit not near the biggest) at 21.25” inside whitetail I’ve ever shot with 3 minutes of legal light left with the illumination on setting 2. I didn’t have much time to react, I saw him at about 35 yards and he died right at ten feet from where I was sitting, you can see my seat in the background of the pic of him on the ground. Wild few seconds, and glad I had the FOV and quick acquisition of 2.5x on the bottom end, the illumination, and glass that was plenty good enough to accurately shoot in essentially the dark. I keep trying to find an all around better scope for my use and I just can’t.

3F73A9C7-CBC0-43D4-949B-D4101F437968.jpeg

A07C415C-C65B-40D7-8D78-EA3BEFFBAA0D.jpeg

DBAAEEAE-DEE1-430E-AB14-34E4B5823BE4.jpeg

Attachments

• 8D2339F1-D3C1-4F86-AFEF-44012FEF25D0.jpeg
    8D2339F1-D3C1-4F86-AFEF-44012FEF25D0.jpeg
    544.9 KB · Views: 57
  • D71D0DF8-1DB4-4473-8A2F-A8C3D279871E.jpeg
    D71D0DF8-1DB4-4473-8A2F-A8C3D279871E.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 58

Vikinger

FNG
Funny this thread pops up tonight, sat on the ground in a swamp this afternoon. Shot the widest (albeit not near the biggest) at 21.25” inside whitetail I’ve ever shot with 3 minutes of legal light left with the illumination on setting 2. I didn’t have much time to react, I saw him at about 35 yards and he died right at ten feet from where I was sitting, you can see my seat in the background of the pic of him on the ground. Wild few seconds, and glad I had the FOV and quick acquisition of 2.5x on the bottom end, the illumination, and glass that was plenty good enough to accurately shoot in essentially the dark. I keep trying to find an all around better scope for my use and I just can’t.

View attachment 362621

View attachment 362620

View attachment 362622
wow that is close! esp for ground hunting.
i'd say that qualifies as low light performance!

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Forgot to add, drop tests seem to be a hot topic lately. Two weeks ago today I was walking to a stand when my sling suffered a catastrophic failure and my rifle fell from my shoulder to the ground, landing on the scope as it fell backwards.

About an hour later I shot a hog in the face at 85 yards. Checked zero later and there was no shift.

A8799610-A672-43CB-9AA2-DDE36C2F36F9.jpeg

Vikinger

FNG
Forgot to add, drop tests seem to be a hot topic lately. Two weeks ago today I was walking to a stand when my sling suffered a catastrophic failure and my rifle fell from my shoulder to the ground, landing on the scope as it fell backwards.

About an hour later I shot a hog in the face at 85 yards. Checked zero later and there was no shift.

View attachment 362734
So I guess we'll add drop tested to the low light performance. LOL!
This is the kind of real world feedback that we need on the Credos. Thanks for dropping your rifle! LOL!

Very good feedback 👍 field testing is so much better than some guy with a scope tracking machine.
How's the eye box? I've yet to use a 15x optic with a 42mm objective that didn't have issues

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Very good feedback 👍 field testing is so much better than some guy with a scope tracking machine.
How's the eye box? I've yet to use a 15x optic with a 42mm objective that didn't have issues

As mentioned earlier, it’s fussy at 15x. Fine on a bench, but can be frustrating in the field. Then again, I generally won’t use it maxed out. I’d be fine if it stopped at 10x or 12x. I actually wish they’d do the 2.5-10 in the 42mm and not just the 56. I’d probably own that one over this one. But, with the options I have, this is still my favorite.

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
Following this.
I'm looking at the Credo 3-9x40. Hard to find info or much feed back on Credo, Huron, Ascent.
Looked through an Ascent side by side with a Leupold VX3HD. Trijicon had noticeably better clarity and light.
Not sure where you're looking but Primary Arms has the Credo 3-9X40 green duplex reticle on sale and if you're looking at other reticles, check out gunzonedeals.com. Gun Zone Deals isn't free shipping but no tax so it's a better deal depending what reticle you're looking at.

As mentioned earlier, it’s fussy at 15x. Fine on a bench, but can be frustrating in the field. Then again, I generally won’t use it maxed out. I’d be fine if it stopped at 10x or 12x. I actually wish they’d do the 2.5-10 in the 42mm and not just the 56. I’d probably own that one over this one. But, with the options I have, this is still my favorite.
Thanks I suspected as much, I personally feel the optical benefits of 50mm objectives outweigh the very slight weight/ size penalty compared to 42 and 44mm.
I'm really liking the looks of the creedo 4-16×50 or even the 4-24 since they're the same size and weight

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any comparison of the Credo and the 2.5-12.5x42 Accupoint? I feel like these two scopes are taking the lead in my hunt.

Following this.
The Huron and Ascent both have unacceptably short eye relief. Trijicon screwed the pooch on those.