Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42

BAKPAKR

WKR
I forget how many MILs I have left, but it’s enough for hunting for sure. I’m still beating on mine and it’s been perfect. I really can’t find anything I like overall better. If I were king for a day I’d cut a few ounces and put Swaro NL Pure glass in it, but alas I am not and I’ll have to make do.

View attachment 353467
Are those “Return To Zero” stickers available in blaze orange or some other fluorescent color? Asking for a friend. 😀

Nice to find some info and experiences on these, they seem strangely obscure. The delta Stryker 1-6 somehow seems to get more love despite appearing very similar, for examole.

I’m considering a 2.5-15x42 for a sig cross general purpose Texas rifle, but may just use a bushnell lrhs 4.5-18x44 that I already have. It would be nice to save a bit of weight and have more fov with the 2.5 on the low end nighttime and running hogs. Anyone compared a credo/tenmile to the lrhs/lrts?
My brother has the vortex razor lht 3-15 and it seemed capable but somehow hard to get excited about-and the large center dot was not favorite

sndmn11

WKR
I haven't put much time on their site to figure this out, I will, but thought I'd ask here. What is the different between HX versions or non?

BCD

WKR
Funny this thread pops up tonight, sat on the ground in a swamp this afternoon. Shot the widest (albeit not near the biggest) at 21.25” inside whitetail I’ve ever shot with 3 minutes of legal light left with the illumination on setting 2. I didn’t have much time to react, I saw him at about 35 yards and he died right at ten feet from where I was sitting, you can see my seat in the background of the pic of him on the ground. Wild few seconds, and glad I had the FOV and quick acquisition of 2.5x on the bottom end, the illumination, and glass that was plenty good enough to accurately shoot in essentially the dark. I keep trying to find an all around better scope for my use and I just can’t.

View attachment 362621

View attachment 362620

View attachment 362622
Congrats on your buck!!! Do you feel the illumination was really needed or do you think you could have got him without it? The reticle is actually red correct- any issues with that? Does the elevation turret lock or need to be pulled up to turn it or does it just spin freely?

Thank You!

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Congrats on your buck!!! Do you feel the illumination was really needed or do you think you could have got him without it? The reticle is actually red correct- any issues with that? Does the elevation turret lock or need to be pulled up to turn it or does it just spin freely?

Thank You!

I've gotten into a habit of turning it on 2 when it gets super dark and I'm in thick woods because it is pretty thin. I would be fine with it being a little thicker. Yes, reticle is red. One thing that the thin-ness of the reticle helps is that the illumination doesn't over power the image, I've had some where it didn't help to turn it on because all I could see is red. These have very well done illumination.

The turret does not lock but it has just the right amount of resistance to turn and does have a very solid zero stop. The turret also raises as it is turned so you won't get lost in revolutions.

Last edited:

BCD

WKR
I've gotten into a habit of turning it on 2 when it gets super dark and I'm in thick woods because it is pretty thin. I would be fine with it being a little thicker. Yes, reticle is red. One thing that the thin-ness of the reticle helps is that the illumination doesn't over power the image, I've had some where it didn't help to turn it on because all I could see is red. These have very well done illumination.

The turret does not lock but it has just the right amount of resistance to turn and does have a very solid zero stop. The turret also raises as it is turned so you won't get lost in revolutions.
Do you have any experience with an LHT 3-15 to compare the reticle to?

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like OpticsPlanet deceived me.

From Trijicon looks like there are a few things probably the most reliable is Credo is matte and HX satin. Credo for “tactical” and HX for “hunting”

The Credo series is engineered for tactical and competitive shooters and is available in nine matte finish models, including 2-10x36 and 2.5-15x42. Shooters can choose from nine LED-illuminated milling, holdover, and BDC reticles that deliver any-light aiming. Credo models are available in both first and second focal plane and offer 0.1 MRAD or ¼ MOA adjustments. Adjusters are precision engineered for crisp, repeatable windage and elevation control. Users have a choice of capped, exposed/locking, or exposed zero stop elevation adjusters.

The Credo HX family was designed with one purpose in mind: brag-worthy hunts. Offering rapid both-eyes-open target acquisition in any light, as well as pinpoint accuracy and a tough-as-nails construction, the Credo HX is available in seven satin finish models, including 2.5-15x56 and 4-16x50. This family includes six fast and intuitive LED-illuminated reticles including MOA Precision Hunter, BDC Hunter Holds, and Standard Duplex. Models include both 30mm and 34mm tubes, up to 100 MOA of adjustment, and large objective lenses that increase exit pupil for low-light conditions.

These had piqued my interest for some time now and I finally just went ahead and grabbed one. I wanted a tough MIL/MIL scope that was also on the lighter end. It seemed these fit the bill, but there is little to no information about them out there. This thread will sort of be a running review.

Ordered one Thursday, got it in hand today (Tuesday).

Initial impressions are great, though it will be a couple weeks until I make it to the range.

Mine weighs exactly 23 oz.

It has exposed elevation and capped windage. Both are tool-less reset to zero, and the elevation has a pretty simple and easy to use zero stop. The elevation turret has nice clicks with absolutely no play, and somewhat oddly the windage is actually better, no slop again but slightly more audible. The marks all line up absolutely perfectly.

The illumination is certainly daylight bright in 10, with on/off between each setting, and very little bleed at 10. I can’t see why anyone would ever use 10, but 1 and 2 are excellent in the dark with no bleed whatsoever.

It is well known that the Credo and Tenmile lines are made at LOW in Japan, and the entire scope feels very high quality.

I will test tracking and return to zero as soon as I can get to the range.

The 3-18x44 FFP Tenmile model had my eye first, but the wider FOV of the 2.5x model and couple oz lower weight convinced me to go with this Credo model for my Cooper 92 280AI which doubles as my primary eastern whitetail rifle and my backpack hunting rifle.

Preliminary glass judging is good, I actually have slightly less CA on the Credo than I do my 5-25x56 Mark 5HD, and resolution seems to be on par looking at a radio tower a few hundred yards from my house.

Anyone else have experience with these new Trijicon scopes? For the price I am tickled. If they prove to be as reliable as SWFA offerings I think they can really become popular.
this optic was at the top of my list, and look forward to hearing your impressions after use. how is the eye relief? that was my only concern with the wide magnification range. i had it narrowed down to that scope, the small NXS and SWFA. the Credo looks like a great scope

Esq

FNG
Just ordered the 2.5 x 15 credo moa for $819 shipped to my door from gundealzones. We will see if they are legit. That's $20 cheaper than. Europtics. I still will need to decide if I want to use the nib Razor HD LH or the credo on my new rifle.

gunzonedeals is legit, I have had great experiences ordering from them, though they are not the fastest. In the one case where they made a mistake they more than made up for it. They will have it drop shipped from a distributor so it may take a little longer. I ordered one yesterday, looking forward to checking it out. I will try to post my impressions compared to my Bushnell LRTSi 3-13 and LRHSi 4.5-18. This scope seems to sit somewhere between those two and the new Vortex LHT 3-15.

I'm hoping that I will at least be able to get my hands on the major players in the catagory and settle things.

Have yall seen this? One of the few reviews I could find

Bbell12

WKR
This scope would be at the top of my list too but I can’t get passed the 36mm objective on the FFP models. FOV at 10x would be tiny.

ETtikka

WKR
This scope would be at the top of my list too but I can’t get passed the 36mm objective on the FFP models. FOV at 10x would be tiny.
Agreed, FOV is listed at 50'-10', im assuming trijicon went with the 36mm size for the AR market, otherwise, a 42 makes sense for everyone else

prm

WKR
The 42 is SFP while the 36 is FFP. One reason I am going to try the 36. Also have a 42.