Tripod Adapter for Leica Ultravids?

Looking for a tripod mount for a set of Leica Ultravid HD Plus, and would really like to try the Tricer adapter but I can’t figure out if you can remove the cap on the binos to install? Anyone know if it’s possible? If not I’ll grab another Aziak clamp. Thanks.

sr80

WKR
I just bought the same binos, i reached out to outdoorsmans and they couldn't guarantee their's would fit the HD plus's. I think because there isn't a thread hole in them, outdoorsmans is more of a little cap with a stud attached, that you tighten onto the bino with set screws. I went with the aziak clamp. After using the outdoorsmans stud and adapter for 7 years, i wasn't sure about the aziak clamp at first but now that ive been using it for a month or so i really like it. It's just one less thing to have to worry about forgetting on the mountain, for example the adapter.

Same story as above. Pretty sure tricer is limited to binos with 1/4-20 adapter threads which leicas don't have. There are reviews on the outdoorsmans website of people saying the Leica cap mount fit their UVHD+, but I bet there have been some that didn't work out based on their recommendation against it. I went with the aziak and it's not bad but would prefer the standard outdoorsman or tricer mount option.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 12.06.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 12.06.55 PM.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 15

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t figure out if you can remove the cap on the binos to install? Anyone know if it’s possible?
I was able to remove the cap on the UV HD non-Plus and install an Outdoorsmans stud. I slipped a thin flathead screwdriver tip between the cap and housing and gently pried apart while sliding around the perimeter. The cap eventually popped right off exposing the threads underneath. Just use caution if you attempt this, as I could see how the plastic parts could easily be damaged in the process if you're not careful.

OP
Rusty Shackelford
Same story as above. Pretty sure tricer is limited to binos with 1/4-20 adapter threads which leicas don't have. There are reviews on the outdoorsmans website of people saying the Leica cap mount fit their UVHD+, but I bet there have been some that didn't work out based on their recommendation against it. I went with the aziak and it's not bad but would prefer the standard outdoorsman or tricer mount option.
I was able to remove the cap on the UV HD non-Plus and install an Outdoorsmans stud. I slipped a thin flathead screwdriver tip between the cap and housing and gently pried apart while sliding around the perimeter. The cap eventually popped right off exposing the threads underneath. Just use caution if you attempt this, as I could see how the plastic parts could easily be damaged in the process if you're not careful.
Good to know. Guess I’ll save some time and get another Aziak. Thanks fellas.

Yours has 1/4-20 threads under the cap?

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have one of the Leica Tripod adapters in an open box if you are interested. I can do 60.00 shipped on it. It's Brand new, but box is in bad shape.

41KMqF4UmWL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

I have the Outdoorsman Stud on my EL 12x50s, but use the new RRS Soar polymer Cinch. I really like this system, fits on my binos while they are in the AGC pouch.