TRT

How much are you guys seeing BP increase? I’ve got high BP but I’m able to keep mid 120’s over mid 80’s with diet and exercise. I don’t want to be on BP medication. My cardiologist told me to not even think about TRT. I’m 48, eat healthy and exercise daily but can’t lose weight, feel tired and depressed most days, etc. I’m pretty sure low t is at least a factor here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t know the answer that’ll be accurate for you. What I do know is my BP was averaging 120’s over low 70’s when I started. It took a bit but it started slowly increasing as dosage increased.

I’m pretty certain that I could continue taking it with proper guidance. But, as the docs increased my dosage, my blood pressure followed. However, as I stated before, these were GP’s. There are no male spec lists near me. If there was, I’d still be on it. At proper doses, it certainly is worth the doctor’s visits and cost.

Jmort1754

WKR
Got my testosterone results back they were 410. So now the question is while that is just below half of normal how do I naturally raise it more

amassi

WKR
Got my testosterone results back they were 410. So now the question is while that is just below half of normal how do I naturally raise it more

What aren’t you doing ?
Exercise, specifically strength training 4-6 x week
Sleep 7-9 hours a day
Diet- sufficient macros without junk
Booze- avoid/ eliminate
Cannabis- none
Stress- decrease

big44a4

WKR
What aren’t you doing ?
Sleep 7-9 hours a day
Booze- avoid/ eliminate
Cannabis- none
Stress- decrease

Something that boosted mine was some running. When I was doing 26-46 miles a month my total T went up 392 and free went up 7. That is interval runs pushing your pace then jogging for recovery. Can start with a walk jog as well.

Can be simple as 30 seconds jog/1 min walk starting out and going for 10 intervals etc.

67 all natty, last week blood test 888 total. They missed free again so I need to give blood here pretty quick and get both results again.

7/1, before I started carnivore was 490/free was around 6. It would be nice to see a free # over 12.

I picked up a print out of the results and both times they told me my t was 'normal' on the phone...490-888 both normal.
Been going through cancer treatments, but over the last year and a half the highest I have been in 3 tests was 263, all normal they say till I go to someone that specializes. Not doing any T treatments yet and still looking at many other tests and possibilities before any steps forward on T.

jorswift

Lil-Rokslider
You guys on TRT did you do an online clinic or PCP? Did you find the root cause of the issue, brain, thyroid, nuts? Just curious if they are treating or tried to find out why T is low.

*zap*

WKR
I had another blood test to double check my total t and get the free t #.

901 total and 6 free. I need to figure out how to get the free # up, any advice?

67 yoa, natural.

OP
PredatorSlayer
I just got my 2nd test results back - 253. Have an appt in a few weeks to discuss with my dr, but it looks like insurance will cover whatever treatment they recommend.

amassi

WKR
I just got my 2nd test results back - 253. Have an appt in a few weeks to discuss with my dr, but it looks like insurance will cover whatever treatment they recommend.

That’s good, I know both of my insurances use 2@ below 300 as the threshold.
My last Dr who I loved but has since retired said 300 is about as arbitrary a number to assign to test as anything.
Glad you’ll get some assistance

amassi

WKR
I had another blood test to double check my total t and get the free t #.

901 total and 6 free. I need to figure out how to get the free # up, any advice?

67 yoa, natural.

Are you eating a low carbohydrate diet?

What aren’t you doing ?
Sleep 7-9 hours a day
Booze- avoid/ eliminate
Cannabis- none
Stress- decrease

Everyone suffering from legitimate or perceptual Low T should implement all of the above as first measures before going into treatment, imho. Both for testosterone and longevity purposes, as well as reducing all-cause mortality greatly in general.

Been a hardcore all-natural lifter for most of my life now, and I have seen a lot of guys resolve their issues through simple lifestyle and dietary changes. That is not discounting the men who do have legitimate low T production, but @amassi list covers all of the major opportunities a guy has to "fix" his own issue really well, without involving drugs.

For those cannot get into running for any reason, there is a lot of research and evidence coming out these days that simply walking 5-10k steps a day (the more the better) is equally beneficial (at the right pace, generally agreed to be Zone 2) to running from a longevity and general health perspective.

There is a lot of intentionally confusing and anecdotal information out there these days in order to sell supplements and drugs, be wary.

OP
PredatorSlayer
Everyone suffering from legitimate or perceptual Low T should implement all of the above as first measures before going into treatment, imho. Both for testosterone and longevity purposes, as well as reducing all-cause mortality greatly in general.

Been a hardcore all-natural lifter for most of my life now, and I have seen a lot of guys resolve their issues through simple lifestyle and dietary changes. That is not discounting the men who do have legitimate low T production, but @amassi list covers all of the major opportunities a guy has to "fix" his own issue really well, without involving drugs.

For those cannot get into running for any reason, there is a lot of research and evidence coming out these days that simply walking 5-10k steps a day (the more the better) is equally beneficial (at the right pace, generally agreed to be Zone 2) to running from a longevity and general health perspective.

There is a lot of intentionally confusing and anecdotal information out there these days in order to sell supplements and drugs, be wary.
I am 100% open to natural processes to improve my T. I average between 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I lift heavy weights 3-6 days a week and then walk on a treadmill at a 10-12 incline at 2.5-3 mph for 30 min. A decade ago there was a lot of stress in my life, which looking back is probably when some of the symptoms started, but the last 4 or so years there has been very little. My diet is kinda shitty and I am probably 30lbs over weight, so I could improve there.

*zap*

WKR
I already started an apple or apple and a half weeks ago. Adding in some natural nut butter and sweet potatoes is a good idea.

SloppyJ

WKR
I'm not even 40 and I've been on for a few years. Had my tests ran and I came back around 360 for total T. That's just right above the very bottom baseline which if you know anything about this, isn't where I should be. I found a very knowledgeable doctor and haven't looked back.

I would never ask my primary care doctor to handle that for me. There is so much old and frankly, horrible information out there on the subject. Most doctors that haven't researched it or specialize in it do not prescribe it in a way that is beneficial for you. The half life of test cyp. isn't long enough to go with 1 injection every 2 weeks.

My doctor is amazing and well versed in current times and had me split a weekly dose in half and take twice a week. Instead of injecting into a muscle and building up scar tissue over time, I backfill an insulin syringe and inject it into my stomach like it were insulin. This helps maintain levels and keeps the peaks and valleys to a minimum.

My one piece of advice is to research the doctor you are going to consult about this. There are two ends of the spectrum. Normal GPs that have no idea what they're doing, and then "specialized" clinics that are extremely gimmicky too and want to charge you for everything. You need to find one in the middle. Ask around, read reviews, and you'll find one. I have no regrets.

D S 319

WKR
Lose 30 lbs and get that diet in check and you will be doing better as well. I personally like the idea of getting everything in check before opting into pinning for the rest of my life with exogenous testosterone and shutting down my own production. People like the quick fix in todays age, and this is no different. Or they just wanna juice and that’s cool too, to each their own.

jahaze

FNG
This thread got me thinking, so I had a blood test last week. I'm 54, power lifter, lift heavy 3-4 days a week. Free was 13.1, total was 411.1

At least now I have a base to work off of as I age. I appreciate all the information you guys have shared.

OP
PredatorSlayer
Update - went and met with my PCP. She seemed awesome and on top of it. Insurance is covering injections. We are going to start with a shot every other week for 3 months, then we will do some blood work and re-evaluate. First shot was today, so we’ll see how it goes. My cost for 3 months worth of test was $11. They administer the shots for free. They gave me the option to stick myself, but the Dr office is close to my gym, so I am just going to swing by every other monday morning and let them jab me.