Tundra or Tahoe

hartigjosh

Lil-Rokslider
I own a 2017 tunda (platinum crewmax 5.7)
Prior to this I had a f-150 with the 5.0
In my experience the f-150s, silverados, and rams I have driven have better amenities. They also have less reliability. After spending close to 12.5k in repairs on my f150 (it was only 4 yrs old at the time and I bought it new) I vowed never to buy one again. This does nothing for your tundra vs tahoe argument but it furthers your rational to stay away from the f-150.
What I found is this modern pickup truck (unless you go HD) is built for the soccer dad. I towed heavy with my f150 and didnt baby it and it showed. I have been doing the same with my Tundra and have had zero issues. I love this truck and decided to put more $ in to it. I added a 3/1 level using bilstein shocks and moved to basically a 34.5 inch wheel. It drives well, lost only a mpg, and looks a lot better without questioning the size of my manhood. The last addition was a diamondback cover which I would highly recommend. If you need a longer bed buy the amp bed extension and boom, problem solved. Crewmax is a must for me with kids.
The tundra is a tank, a truck, and trustworthy.
Oh did I mention I pulled a chevy out with it this past hunting season?

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 29
  • tt1.jpg
    tt1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 29
  • tt2.jpg
    tt2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 29

Yarak

WKR
I noticed the OP said that he could sleep in the Tahoe and he cold also sleep in the Tundra if a camper shell was installed turning the bed into a cargo hauler/sleeping quarters
I've owned both vehicles spoken about and I'd go with the Tundra all days
I made many trips from AL to WA in my Tundra and slept in it at elk camp as well