Two Weeks in Colorado!

hobbes

WKR
Now that your hunt is over and you're probably back home......How do you like hunting with that style of rifle vs a traditional stock? How does it carry in the field?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Now that your hunt is over and you're probably back home......How do you like hunting with that style of rifle vs a traditional stock? How does it carry in the field?
I like it enough that almost all my rifles are in chassis now. The pros are ergonomics, adjustability, and the ease in attaching to tripods.

The cons can be weight, less comfort in the hand when carrying, and bulk/sharp corners when trying to put in a scabbard or gun case.

Overall I like shooting them better and feel I shoot them more accurately.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just caught back up on this. Nice hunting Justin. Looks like passing up a few paid off. Thanks for taking us along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wreckem6

FNG
Busy morning. We hunted the edge of the private to see if any bucks would move to the public. Nothing at first but then a few does and a small buck headed our way.

Not long after we saw a really nice buck walk directly below us. We tried to get a shot but he never stopped.

We moved down the ridge for a better view in hopes of spotting him bedded. The guides hunting the private drove through and pushed the big buck all the way to the other side of the ranch. The wrong direction for us.

A little later I spotted an old, narly buck bedded. If he was a little bigger Dylan would have shot him.

A few minutes later I spotted another good buck bedded and Dylan set up in case he was a shooter.

View attachment 341615

Dylan watched for a while and decided the buck was a shooter. The buck was laying broadside at 217 yards. Dylan made a great shot and the buck never got up.

View attachment 341617

We are heading down shortly to put our hands on him!

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Great buck. Very cool rifle too
Thank you!
Wow, this was better than hunting mag. articles, great job on both hunts. Glad your father is alright, lost my mother last fall, the Lord called her home, I have assurance to see her again though, keep the faith.
Thank you. Sorry to hear about your mom. We are all thankful my dad healed, and I get to take him to Colorado this November.
Thanks for the pictures and story, awesome!
Thank you.