UA and Cam Hanes part ways

Adrien

FNG
Does that mean he’s going to hunt public land now or will he have to pay for his own private ranch hunts?

I like everything he says but he’s awful secretive over the fact he only hunts big money private ranches. I would too if I had the opportunity but pretending to still have to “grind” to kill trophy animals is a bit of a stretch. For someone that claims to devote his life to elk hunting you think he would be able to bugle too…. Here I go “hating”…. Sorry.
If this is true it's absolutely hilarious.

wapitibob

WKR
Oregon for the most part. He did shoot a big bull on a ranch in Powers unit; the LO asked a guide friend to find someone to come shoot it as he figured it wouldn't make it thru the winter. UT and CA are on LO tags.

Last edited:
I try to keep in mind that he has a 9 to 5 job on top of all his other stuff. Not sure how much time he has to really work public land and produce the kind of results he does.

TBH, I hunt a mix of public and private. I think there is an extra challenge and a bit more pride to be had on public land. However, if I had or could afford access to more high quality opportunities on private land, I would take them. Period. No 2nd thoughts about it. So I won’t shit on anyone else who does, as long as they are honest about it.

Hmmmmmm Hunt public or private elk? You won't see me passing up that invite. You can stay with the masses all in the name of "but he hunts private".

The guy has done a ton for bowhunting, and is a "go getter". How can you "hate on that"

PS....... I don't have Instagram so I don't follow him, but we both hunted some of the same stuff in AK, and a friend of mine was very close to Roy Roth so there was always some overlap in conversations in camp. The funny thing is, after all said an done, he's a bowhunter to the end. I respect that.

Never been a fan of UA clothing but I will say that I respect them as a company for sticking their neck out there and diving into the hunting space when they were a fairly new company if I remember correctly. Risky move and it seems to have paid off for them. Think of all the top gear makers that want nothing more than to distance themselves from the thought of hunting. Patagonia, North Face, AcrTeryx, Nike, Reebok, Adidas all come to mind.

grfox92

WKR
If that’s true then why wouldn’t he come out and say that. I think he would absolutely say something. I think it’s more likely what was posted earlier about his buddy who is coming out with a clothing line.
Because he probably had to sign a NDA with whatever contract he HAD with them. He can't come out and bash them. The same reason no one knows why Ben O'Brien is no longer with MeatEater. He's not allowed to talk bad about them legally.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

hodgeman

WKR
A look behind the curtain...

All of these folks are business people. Endorsements, brand ambassadors, etc have ZERO to do with how an "influencer" feels about a particular product or brand. They are advertising personalities who peddle their "influence" to the highest bidder- it's all part of the game.

These guys will switch hats and tell you it's the best hat in the world with a straight face. Even though they told you that exact some thing about a different hat yesterday.

It makes some sense for Haines to swap brands- he wasn't nearly as well known and started repping a brand new manufacturer years ago. They've both grown, it's probably best for both of them to switch it up.

grfox92

WKR
I like the guy. I admire his work ethic and think he portrays hunting in a good light. I don’t care what clothes he wears or gear he uses.
I feel the same. I really don't understand all the hate. The guy wasn't handed any of what he has, he earned it killing bulls and blacktails on public land and writing about it in Eastman's is what gave him popularity and traction.

It's not like he started out as an Instagram hunter and was handed sponsorships for nothing. He's not HUSH. He genuinely earned what he has through hard work. Anyone should be able to appreciate that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I don't think he has gotten caught up in any game law violations, so for an Instagrammer that seems impressive.

Tho maybe it was kept hush or something, I don't really know.

Oregon for the most part. He did shoot a big bull on a ranch in Powers unit; the LO asked a guide friend to find someone to come shoot it as he figured it wouldn't make it thru the winter. UT and CA are on LO tags.

Bob, you know lots of things. Any insight on how he landed the sheep tag?