Unfollowing Hunting Social Media Will Make Hunting Better: Matt Rinella Essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapitibob

WKR
Newberg and the Born n Raised crews are the worst! Im laughing like crazy right now. Ive been saying this for the last few years and my wife has been calling me delusional. We just read this article together and im so glad i finally dont fe alone with my thoughts on this subject!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

And while you sit at home on your clown thumbs Newberg is spending thousands to find a solution for checkerboard public land access.

Gobbler36

WKR
Aron Snyder have any opinion on this? I think he mentioned on a podcast he does donate to hunters for the hungry or something like that. But really? Do we need to kill and donate already over-pressured wildlife like they are livestock? Why not just donate beef, pork, or chicken if you really care about the homeless/hungry. And thinning game on over-crowded private is a tough sell when every other picture is an animal attached to a giant rack.

Looks a lot like killing for the sake of filling up an instagram feed to sell backpacks.
This is a great point

Gobbler36

WKR
And while you sit at home on your clown thumbs Newberg is spending thousands to find a solution for checkerboard public land access.
Not saying he doesn’t do some good but the fact is he brings more and more pressure and makes things easier and easier. He’s constantly showing people how to draw tags, where to hunt, which states to go to. Meanwhile getting kick backs from every company he mentions. Sure for these guys it’s no big deal how crowded the woods are when you can hunt are year long and get paid to do it. The irony of it all though is when they are filming a show and run into other people especially newberg he throws a little bitch fit. Like really what the hell do you expect ?!

CJ19

WKR
Yes, sportsman who just want to buy a tag or 2 to fill the freezer or hunt with family and friends are the problem.... mean while the social media pro hunter crew that you are simping for are hunting professionally for sponsorship deals or undisclosed publicly funded contracts to shoot game on public land to sell tags to NRs. Yet you think the average sportsman is the problem.

WKR

WKR
Aron Snyder have any opinion on this? I think he mentioned on a podcast he does donate to hunters for the hungry or something like that. But really? Do we need to kill and donate already over-pressured wildlife like they are livestock? Why not just donate beef, pork, or chicken if you really care about the homeless/hungry. And thinning game on over-crowded private is a tough sell when every other picture is an animal attached to a giant rack.

Looks a lot like killing for the sake of filling up an instagram feed to sell backpacks.
Yeah I always wondered what a person does with 7 bull elk

wapitibob

WKR
Not saying he doesn’t do some good but the fact is he brings more and more pressure and makes things easier and easier. He’s constantly showing people how to draw tags, where to hunt, which states to go to. Meanwhile getting kick backs from every company he mentions. Sure for these guys it’s no big deal how crowded the woods are when you can hunt are year long and get paid to do it. The irony of it all though is when they are filming a show and run into other people especially newberg he throws a little bitch fit. Like really what the hell do you expect ?!

I don't care if he makes understanding the draws easier, most could use the help. I've helped anybody that asks and will continue to do so. I've also run into him in the field and he didn't throw a fit, far from it actually.

Loved the article, and so much was said that needed to be said. At first I liked a lot of the self filmed hunts as I could relate to a few folks doing the same thing I was. It was like meeting a stranger and talking hunting, well, kind of.
Now I can't stand the commercialization of these self filmers. It is the evolution of the process I guess.

Any way, someone with more influence than most of us here has stated the obvious: The woods are crowded with hunters. Even in Utah, one of the greediest States around, has seen the reality of poor herd management for the sake of dollars in tag fees. They are going to make every hunt a draw hunt, and no more OTC tags. They did a great job of consuming all these new influenced hunters appetites by selling them tags for animals that weren't there.

All the new tag sales is not good for conservation- sorry. It is good for increasing the budgets of conservation/biologists salaries. What I have witnessed is a total decline in Utah herd population, both deer/elk. All these new hunters were not and are not good for true hunting. It is only good for a new avenue of economy for the ones who control the budget process.

And multiple deer, a buffalo, an antelope, a javelina, and multiple aoudad. Yeah, these hunts are cool and most guys would go if they had access. But really?

It does sorta seem like the hunting version of Supermarket Sweep - grab as much as you can in front of an audience. One can only have so many freezers full of meat, and the "donating to the needy" thing seems like it's an easy justification for trophy hunters that "acquire" more meat than they possibly need for themselves or their family.

It does sorta seem like the hunting version of Supermarket Sweep - grab as much as you can in front of an audience. One can only have so many freezers full of meat, and the "donating to the needy" thing seems like it's an easy justification for trophy hunters that "acquire" more meat than they possibly need for themselves or their family.
The "meat for family" argument is out the window too. Looks like his wife has killed 4 deer so far this fall - definitely taken to posting her grip and grins as well.

z987k

WKR
He's been on it for a long time, hired some attorneys a few years ago and did a podcast on that part.

Rinella posted to the evil IG and donations went up several thousand dollars today.

View attachment 353417
If those hunter lose somehow, there's a scotus case involving a chicken farmer and the airforce and some incredibly loud jets.
Summary - the airspace above your land is public.

z987k

WKR
I bet it would be different for the influencers to have to donate the antlers along with the meat
I doubt it. Most of them don't care about the latter at all. The former for the pic only.

elkyinzer

WKR
Was the article taken down? If so, why? Piss off a few sponsors?

Had time to read the whole thing. Agree with most of it. There are some gross over simplifications and poor logic, but the overall premise I agree. Not sure there's a solution. Pandora's box comes to mind. Always said anti-hunters won't need end hunting in the next century, we'll manage to do it on our own just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.