Upper Michigan Whitetail

Awesome job and cool to see someone on here in the UP and even better yet having success. I grew up in Gratiot county, went to college in the UP, then moved to Ohio (dumb move I know) but got spoiled down there as far as hunting goes. Moved back to Michigan a year ago and have been hunting public in Oakland county and some private in Washtenaw county. Was a ROUGH year for me that reminded me of the time I spent hunting in the UP. Only instead of not seeing anything because there aren't many deer, I wasn't seeing anything because of the extreme pressure on the public piece where I spent most of the season...

OP
C
Awesome job and cool to see someone on here in the UP and even better yet having success. I grew up in Gratiot county, went to college in the UP, then moved to Ohio (dumb move I know) but got spoiled down there as far as hunting goes. Moved back to Michigan a year ago and have been hunting public in Oakland county and some private in Washtenaw county. Was a ROUGH year for me that reminded me of the time I spent hunting in the UP. Only instead of not seeing anything because there aren't many deer, I wasn't seeing anything because of the extreme pressure on the public piece where I spent most of the season...
Thanks man. It's a very different experience there. Almost like hunting a different species. Access is really tough and I always felt like I was hunting based on people more than deer. When I was getting consistent I was usually on cattail to oak transitions. Here's my most recent hunt up here.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>