Using target bows for hunting

jmann28

FNG
A dress code.......I could see, but the color of a bow??? That's ridiculous. So they rather see a guy show up with a bow covered in duct tape?

Yes. and it’s been done before at events, somebody a year ago or so had to wrap their entire bow in black tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yes. and it’s been done before at events, somebody a year ago or so had to wrap their entire bow in black tape

Ya, that sounds much better than a quality dip job in camo. Would love to see someone show up in duct tape covered camo as well. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone discriminating over color patterns before.

I hunt with a 2016 Xpedition Perfexion. Other than it having a 36" ATA there's not a whole lot target about it. I keep it fairly minimalist with a custom Option 8 sight with 6 pins, Quivalizer, and TT Smack Down rest. I'm definitely a fan of the comfier string angle I get from the longer ATA. It wouldn't take much effort to turn it into a crazy dot hunting setup, but I've got other hobbies to fund.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot an old ass Oneida that is 44'' tip to tip, I wouldn't worry about overall ATA as long as you can effectively shoot it. I think Manufacturers made all of the 27-28'' ATA that sold like hot cakes for all the Eastern blind/tree hunters and become the super popular have-to-shoot bow and now that Western hunting is getting popular they're going back towards the mean.

Apapro

FNG
Benincanada.....Have you checked out APA Archery out of Biggar Sask?? We make a M35Mt and this is considered one of our target bows. Its fast and forgiving and runs on the long riser. Yet produced lots of power for hunting. Ive used it for an elk hunt in Utah this past fall. And we do custom colours if that's what your looking for.

Check us out.

Zac

WKR
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but you can get the 39 inch Prime Black with 85lb limbs and a 325 IBO.