Vasectomy

Had mine done in 2009. Don’t disregard the advice of wearing a good ol pair of tighty whites or a jock strap. The tube they cut is also to main interior support system of your balls. The above mentioned clothing items help support your balls until everything is healed. Worst part for me was when them removed the tape that holds your cock out of the way while doing the procedur.

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
Research the possible complications. They are rare, but possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony

WKR
I want to approach this with my "nurse hat" on.
Yeah I'm a critical care nurse, with no direct experience in the actual performance of vasectomies.

Read this and if you take nothing else from this.
Like any medical procedure there can be complications. It is up to you to find a competent surgeon. Notice I said surgeon. yeah Doc Smith the family practice Doc can do it. Hell, I could do since the advent of google and you tube. Next best and the same thing would be urology/urologist.

Most important, no two dudes experience pain or anxiety the same. I had it done, close to 20 years ago and it was no big deal! My ex brother in law got put to sleep for his! Talk about possible complications and wasting a whole day in the hospital! I was on the ex the next morning :cool:

The traditional procedure has you shaving your nuts, (which I do anyway :D) or maybe the staff doing it. You may or may not be offered a sedative, (I was not and looking back did not need it.) Doc grabs your sack and pulls it. Why? takes you mind off the "shot". Speaking of lidocaine the typical numbing agent. It does burn if you get some A hole hammering you with it. Trick is, warm, slow admin and if possible buffered with sodium bicarb. This last part is rare though. All you back country magnum shooters can handle a little lidocaine!

There's some cauterization which for me was the worst, the smell and that pad was cold as hell they stick on you. I felt nothing else. Half hour I was done.
Then from there its "rubbing off a sample" monthly til your pipes are clear.
Me? I was such a brute it took close to a year! :eek: Surgeon was actually concerned enough he went to speak with urology. I hate kids so bad I asked if if the next one was on the house? His silence told me it was coming out of his pocket.

Post procedure-
Get a jock and some tightie whiteys, wear said jock over the tighties so you don't have to wash it daily. Frozen peas are the best!
Try out the narcotics they give you!
It was fun!
Best sleep I had in a long time.

Follow orders! No doing dumb things, have this done on a Friday so you can lay around all week end.

Seriously, married guys, you love your wife right? Think off all the suffering she goes through to bare your soul sucking, money draining, hunting season killing spawn. 😁
Married dudes in their 30s, 40's 50s. When your wife decides to have pity on you and offer herself up as a sacrifice to your 3 minutes of fury. Your not thinking children.
Your saying to yourself in your sweaty, shortness of breath induced trance....... Yes! Finally!!!
When in all actuality as the clock winds down to 2:59 you have been time traveled back to a 15 year old with zero common sense that can barley tie his shoes, and has zero "self control".

All joking aside, it is a surgical procedure that carries risks. 99% of them are risk free. You have to ask yourself, do you want to be a dad? Do you want children? No birth control is 100%.
But so far, twice a year I have been batting zero!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Kindo

WKR
Somebody on a different thread mentioned somebody should start one of these threads.

I’ll go first. My wife (35) just had her IUD removed. I need to get snipped so I can commence to shoot up the club as my pull out game is weak and with no goalie in place, I don’t need to have another kid at my age. I am 40 (almost 41) and too old for that.

I was told that they don’t put you under for the procedure. Is this true? How bad is it? What’s the recovery like? I was also told that the first “eruption” may be bloody. Don’t know if my buddy is messing with me, so thought I should ask the masses.
Lol.....put you under. Throughout the process of mine, I got to catch up with my doc about where his boys are going to college. All the while his MA was trying to force awkward conversation and divert her gaze from my member thoroughly taped to my abdomen. It was her first day and first procedure of the day so I felt terrible for the poor girl.

It isn't bad. You feel a little tugging and "pressure" along with the smell of burning flesh then you're done. You're up and moving fine the next day. Just make sure you consistently ice for the first 48+ hours.

I was chasing elk with my bow within 3 weeks of mine.

loadsandlattes

Lil-Rokslider
I became the father of twin girls 6 months ago, scheduled a vasectomy within a month of bringing them home. It didn't suck too bad, and was super quick. Doctor gave me an IV of valium before the procedure and went to work. I watched with a mirror, pretty interesting. The numbing shots were uncomfortable, but much easier to tolerate than I was prepared for.

I wasn't prepared for how black and blue my junk was going to be the next couple of weeks, it was honestly horrible to look at. For all the bruising, I wasn't in much pain though. Like others have mentioned, a couple of bags of frozen peas helped immensely the first couple of days recovery.

You'll be ok.

loadsandlattes

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be 44 in a few weeks, have a wife and 2 kids and will never be sterilized. I'm a Catholic and it's viewed as mutilation of the body and a sin, but I'm not judging this is just my belief. I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought up yet. U do U
Also catholic. I figured I already broke all the rules by going the IVF route to get pregnant, a vasectomy was small potatoes.

I had mine done 6 days after I had my wisdom teeth cut out so I'm a glutton for punishment.

I did not listen to advise to pack in ice and take it easy. So I was packing some pretty sore eggplants for nuts for a couple days.

Coolest part was asking the doctor while I was laying on the table getting prepped, "hey doc, are these vasectomy like cars?" He asked what the hell I was talking about. I said" are the bigger ones easier to work on than the little ones?" He laughed his head off and said in 30 years of doing these no one ever asked him that. Lmao.

elkyinzer

WKR
I'm due unless #3 needs to be cut out. Not sure if I should read this thread, or not. I'm half terrified of needles. I deal with pain of the accidental variety quite well, but I'm not so into the elective variety.

Cowboy20x

FNG
It’s done under local anesthetic only usually. I’ve heard of a couple urologists who’ve done it themselves. Biggest advice is take the week off and take it real easy for 5-7 days

Mds2004

FNG
Others have covered it but I'll tell my experience as well.

First, I had a meeting with the doctor to eval if it was something we really wanted about the week or two before. He explained the potential risks and would prescribe Valium if I was nervous to take the edge off.

On the day of, I think I was in and out in 20 minutes inclusing the wait time. After getting in the gown and laying on the table in my gown, he numbed each testicle. Each time it felt like he was squeezing the ball. It was definitely uncomfortable and somewhat painful but not as bad as some nut checks I've had before. After that I didn't feel the rest, but remember the smell and seeing the smoke of the cauterization which was off putting. Once finished I felt fine and went out to lunch with the wife.

My recommendations are to wear a good tight pair of compression shorts and to ice up, while taking it easy for a couple days. I did wear my compression shorts, didn't ice enough, and still ran errands instead of resting. Because of this I did feel slight dull pain for about a week. It wasn't bad, but maybe a 2 or 3 out of 10. I did it on a Friday and went back to work on Monday as well.

The best part was their parting gift to me was a bag of almonds labeled, My Husband's Nuts. https://myhusbandsnuts.com/

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
No big deal. Had it done and it was not something to worry about.

I will add one little thing about your recovery time. Be careful and deliberate going down stairs for the first week or so. Soooo very important to have tight support of the "almonds" as when you go down stairs, your foot stops you, but your almonds keep going.

Btaylor

WKR
I'm due unless #3 needs to be cut out. Not sure if I should read this thread, or not. I'm half terrified of needles. I deal with pain of the accidental variety quite well, but I'm not so into the elective variety.
Every time I see this thread I keep hearing "they'll slit you from crotch to eyeball with a dull deer antler".

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
My advice is to have your wife get a c section with your last kid and have the tubes tied at the same time. I felt bad my wife had to get the c section (for reasons unrelated to the snip, obviously) but felt fortunate I didn't have to get the snip.

Hey baby...........I got my balls snipped, we're good........... "That's good I'm leaving you!"

Hey baby.......... I got my balls snipped, but man, I can't get it up............. "That's good I'm leaving you"

These are the guys you have to watch out for on forums like this, they're always pissed off, and for good reason!

rclouse79

WKR
I thought I remembered hearing they were no big deal so I didn't pick up the anti-anxiety meds beforehand. Big mistake! I am sure if I felt the same sensations in my knee it would have been no big deal, but on my twig and berries it was a no go. I was tensed up tighter than a snare drum during the whole procedure and I still don't think I have mellowed back out to my normal state four months later.

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
I didn’t think it was bad at all. Just a local shot maybe that felt like someone tugging in the wrong spot. But just do what they say. Don’t do nothing for like a day or two. And ice them bad boys.