Vasectomy

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
I had mine done one week ago today. I turned a corner yesterday but before that was rougher than I anticipated. Any wrong move felt like a slap to the nuts and even now I still feel a constant dull ache. Still, I'm sure it beats having a third kid.

Somebody on a different thread mentioned somebody should start one of these threads.

I’ll go first. My wife (35) just had her IUD removed. I need to get snipped so I can commence to shoot up the club as my pull out game is weak and with no goalie in place, I don’t need to have another kid at my age. I am 40 (almost 41) and too old for that.

I was told that they don’t put you under for the procedure. Is this true? How bad is it? What’s the recovery like? I was also told that the first “eruption” may be bloody. Don’t know if my buddy is messing with me, so thought I should ask the masses.
It’s not bad at all. But, absolutely listen to them when it comes to your recovery time. I didn’t listen and was playing ball (no pun intended) the next day without wearing a jock and it caused me some serious problems. Wear tight briefs for atleast a week

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
It's not a problem, take it easy for a couple of days.

Keep plenty of frozen bags of vegies available

Use those veggies for some stew at deer camp for your buddies who gave you shit about it!

I had mine done one week ago today. I turned a corner yesterday but before that was rougher than I anticipated. Any wrong move felt like a slap to the nuts and even now I still feel a constant dull ache. Still, I'm sure it beats having a third kid.

Tomorrow I'm two months post op. I'm 100% back to normal.
I'd say by week 3 I was pretty much back to normal. Those first two weeks for me though were questionable but that was because of my own doing.

By day two the wife was getting pretty agitated with me sitting around doing nothing and not getting up to help with our two kids. I could tell she was getting pissed at me doing nothing and figured I'd take the pain and stay in good graces.
Afternoon day two I started lifting kids, 30ish and 15ish pounds. Big mistake on my part and definitely hindered a shorter recovery. The next two weeks were full of a constant dull nut pain and discomfort, along with some swelling.

No doubt in my mind had I done absolutely nothing for 3-4 days the recovery experience would have gone much better. But that's on me.

Wear that jock strap and compression shorts or boxer briefs, ice the boys, and do absolutely nothing for several days after and things will go well.

FWIW, I was in moderate to severe pain for over two weeks. I am at week 4.5 at this very moment and am still pretty tender on occasion. Not claiming that I’m the toughest guy on the planet, but I’ve broken close to a dozen bones, countless sprains, 1 major surgery etc. so I am no stranger to pain. I think the recovery has a lot to do with anatomy. I followed all the protocols to a T. I did go back to work 3 days post op (“light duty” in regards to I didnt pick up anything heavy but I am on my feet all day working with my hands). That may have played a part but Doc told me that he suspected I would have a longer recovery. Not sure exactly why but man, those first two weeks were pretty rough.

Edit: Duluth Trading “bull pen” underwear turned out to be my saving grace. I tried all kinds of jock straps and compression shorts and none worked well for me. Im not so sure that I still wouldn’t be miserable if I hadn’t found those underwear at week 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
before i had mine done, i went out and bought 3 new pairs of them. They are the best.

i am a big fan of not worrying any more of what might happen. The little bit of discomfort for a week was worth it.

Gorp2007

WKR
No doubt! My wife and her doctor are trying to say it's an outpatient deal with a weekend recovery. I'm way over due for one though. Rolling the dice
I would remember that the internet is like the world's largest customer comment box, the people with negative voices are always going to out scream the people who didn't have any issues. After all, most people don't necessarily want to go on the internet and talk about their balls.

It's an outpatient procedure, but it's still surgery. Understand the risks, weigh those against the benefits, and don't get bogged down in the Reddit/TikTok rabbit holes. Read the actual medical reports about efficacy, complication rates, etc. This is a very common procedure and the risks and complication rates are very well known.

I had mine performed by two military medical residents who were so nervous their hands were shaking. Afterwards I iced for four days, played a lot of xBox over the weekend, and I was back to hiking in two weeks and running in three.

I would remember that the internet is like the world's largest customer comment box, the people with negative voices are always going to out scream the people who didn't have any issues. After all, most people don't necessarily want to go on the internet and talk about their balls.

It's an outpatient procedure, but it's still surgery. Understand the risks, weigh those against the benefits, and don't get bogged down in the Reddit/TikTok rabbit holes. Read the actual medical reports about efficacy, complication rates, etc. This is a very common procedure and the risks and complication rates are very well known.

I had mine performed by two military medical residents who were so nervous their hands were shaking. Afterwards I iced for four days, played a lot of xBox over the weekend, and I was back to hiking in two weeks and running in three.
I hear you but just going off of good vs bad respondents of this thread alone doesn't put me at ease! Maybe we're not the toughest bunch in here haha

Trial153

WKR
I snip was a piece of cake, I was my normal self the next day. I was sore but nothing to write home about. I definitely would hurt worse pretty much any hockey game I ever played in my life.
Another thing I have learned via my profession is people have less and less tolerance for any discomfort.

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone that complains about a vasectomy is a balls. I’m the words of Betty White, "Why do people say "grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!"

It was a topical anesthetic, and a needle to the nuts. We listened to Stone Temple Pilots and talked music. I wanted to look, but the Doc shot me down… Where does it rank? Worse than pulling a sliver and better than working on an in grown toe nail?

The scene of the crime!
FE79BC3A-7C5F-439C-ABAF-037FBB6175D5.jpeg

Fowl Play

WKR
Do you research and find a good doctor. Then actually take it seriously and just chill for a couple days. The vast majority of horror stories you hear are either incompetent doctors or guys who though kickboxing on day 2 post op was a good idea. It's really an extremely simple operation. All the docs here teach this stuff to other doctors, speak at conferences about it, etc. https://vasweb.com/. In an out operation in 45min. One of the better decisions I have made.

SC HUNTER

FNG
A little over a year and a half post op and I almost want to go back and give another sample just to make sure its still all clear. I would do the surgery once a year every year for the peace of mind that we aren't getting pregnant again. A few days of pain for no worries sign me up coach.

jkmoore3s

FNG
I’m over a year out and it’s been great. A couple weeks of discomfort and never having to worry about anything again. Also the wife coming off the birth control helped increase her desire to engage so that was a plus also.