What bag to get

BigKuda

FNG
Ok I’m a bigger guy 6’-3” 250lbs. looking to get a 0deg quilt or a 15deg bag and I plan to pair it with a therma xterm pad. Quilt is nice idea due to weight and thought going with the zero cause they might run a hair colder than a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There are a ton of great options on the market, but we have been extremely impressed with Stone Glacier’s Chilkoot 15 degree bag. In our opinion, it’s the best down bag currently available.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m 6’1, 325. I’ve found wide bags are not wide (70-72”) enough as I’m a side sleeper and I tend to develop cold spots on shoulders/elbows where the bag would get compressed

I stubbled across extra wide bags(although most all I’ve found are 15 deg bags) and have fallen in love. My first was a Klymit down and have since picked a Big Agnes Whiskey Park-15*(synthetic=base camp) and a Big Agnes Anvil Horn-15*(downtek=backcountry). I pair any of these with a BA insulated AXL and I sleep like a baby.

I’ve been interested in a custom “big man” quilt, but hesitant drop that kind of $ hoping it would fit! Let me know what you find!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk