What BINOS????

Ar50A1

FNG
Hey guys, looking for binos to compliment my vx5 hd leupold. I’m leaning towards 10-42. Swarovski I’ve heard is a no brainer, I want to know what’s comparable or better in quality, around $800-$1350. Thanks!
PS I did like some liecas I had a chance to try590D6228-4007-4857-BB68-88C04A9180CD.jpeg

Lots of threads here about binos in the $1K range, and just as many comparing SLC's to those binos in the $1K range.

I've owned everything in the $1K range and 2 pairs of the newest SLC HD's. Everyone is different. We all have different budgets and we all bring our own (eyeball) lenses to the game. Try as many as you can and keep the ones that make you happiest.

My personal choice is Zeiss Conquest HD's in 8x32. But Swaros are never a bad choice.

peterk123

WKR
I just picked up a pair of Meostar B1 Plus HD 10x42. All I can say is wow. Just got them yesterday. I have not placed my eyes on Swaros, but I can't imagine spending another grand or so is going to provide me glass that is much better than these things. I am just blown away by them. I actually need to post up my review of them for you guys.

OP
Ar50A1

Ar50A1

FNG
Lots of threads here about binos in the $1K range, and just as many comparing SLC's to those binos in the $1K range.

I've owned everything in the $1K range and 2 pairs of the newest SLC HD's. Everyone is different. We all have different budgets and we all bring our own (eyeball) lenses to the game. Try as many as you can and keep the ones that make you happiest.

My personal choice is Zeiss Conquest HD's in 8x32. But Swaros are never a bad choice.
I’m not having much luck navigating the site so far lol a Friend of mine that bought Swarovskis off here suggested I join.

Have you looked at the Leupold BX-4 or BX-5s? I just got my BX-5 15s and impressed with the brightness (IMO brighter in low light than the Meoptas), clarity, and edge to edge on the Leupolds over my Meopta Meostar B1 15s. The build quality and ergonomics are also better suited for my style of glassing.

OP
Ar50A1

Ar50A1

FNG
Have you looked at the Leupold BX-4 or BX-5s? I just got my BX-5 15s and impressed with the brightness (IMO brighter in low light than the Meoptas), clarity, and edge to edge on the Leupolds over my Meopta Meostar B1 15s. The build quality and ergonomics are also better suited for my style of glassing.
I have not looked around much, I just wanted a pair that would hang with my vx5 for hunting purposes

nobody

WKR
Surprised nobody has mentioned them yet, but the Maven B-Series seems to be just what you're looking for. I only have the C's, but I'm saving for some B2's. They are EXTREMELY impressive, and not just because of their price.

kcm2

WKR
Expecting to get something comparable or better than Swarovski at 1/2 the price or slightly more generates only one answer: Used Swarovski or equivalent

You get what you pay for in optics.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Do yourself a favor and just get the swaros. That way you won’t be left wondering. If you shop smart, the SLC can be had in the price range you mentioned brand new. Otherwise pick up a barely used pair off the classifieds here.

I really like my Maven 9x42's, compared them against the Swaro SLCs and ELs and my eyes could not tell a difference, that said I'm 60 and my eyes are not what they use to be! Plus I saved about $500 to $1500. As others said everyones eyes are different.

OP
Ar50A1

Ar50A1

FNG
Surprised nobody has mentioned them yet, but the Maven B-Series seems to be just what you're looking for. I only have the C's, but I'm saving for some B2's. They are EXTREMELY impressive, and not just because of their price.
I’ve been hearing really good things about Tract and I’m kind Of surprised I haven’t seen any here at all?
Expecting to get something comparable or better than Swarovski at 1/2 the price or slightly more generates only one answer: Used Swarovski or equivalent

You get what you pay for in optics.
Absolutely, I’ve been keeping an eye out for some slc’s. But I’ve heard a lot of good things about Maven and tract

I don’t feel vx5’s are so-so optics and I don’t think $800+ binos are either 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ya, I wasn't saying that. I was saying that if budget played a role, I'd put all my money into the binos (up to a point, of course). I don't see binos and scope as tandem team. I see one performing one function and the other performing another function.