What bow is everyone shooting?

Aklint

FNG
Mathews Phase 4 29. I shot all the flagships and the 29 gave me the best shooting experience and fit given my 28 inch draw. My only concern is shooting it at distance, which I have not been able to get past 60 yet, as this is the shortest ata bow I have owned and I like to practice out to 100+. My hope is that the longer riser creates and more stable, forgiving platform however I will provide and update when I can stretch its legs.

Traded the RX-1 ultra last Sunday for a new Phase 4 33”.
My center serving was slipping and decided it was time to trade.
So far I love it. By far the quietest bow I have ever shot and I shoot it better than I did my RX-1 Ultra.

I see Mathew’s are still making their bows a little long compared to other companies.
When comparing the two to ATA standards the Phase 4 matched up with 30.5” to RX-1 Uktras 31”.

After 6 seasons with only trad I recently picked up a 60# Mathews Halon X. Still getting it the way I want it but it's a welcome change to my tool of choice.

Traded the RX-1 ultra last Sunday for a new Phase 4 33”.
My center serving was slipping and decided it was time to trade.
So far I love it. By far the quietest bow I have ever shot and I shoot it better than I did my RX-1 Ultra.

I see Mathew’s are still making their bows a little long compared to other companies.
When comparing the two to ATA standards the Phase 4 matched up with 30.5” to RX-1 Uktras 31”.
yup there is an extra 6 or so fps right there in that little cheat

for me i shoot a bowtech invasion and experiance. Live the invasion better, probably due to the lighter weight. Ive shot alot of bows at my shorter 27.5 inch draw as they come and go in the bowshot and there has not been anything that can beat the invasions speed and comfort. took the other guys 5+ years to match it but not beat it. But i am looking at newer bowtechs with the deadloc cam system for ease of tuning, they just need to build one with 7 inch brace that can match the speed.

yup there is an extra 6 or so fps right there in that little cheat

for me i shoot a bowtech invasion and experiance. Live the invasion better, probably due to the lighter weight. Ive shot alot of bows at my shorter 27.5 inch draw as they come and go in the bowshot and there has not been anything that can beat the invasions speed and comfort. took the other guys 5+ years to match it but not beat it. But i am looking at newer bowtechs with the deadloc cam system for ease of tuning, they just need to build one with 7 inch brace that can match the speed.
Yeah for sure. However in my case I didn’t gain anything. My Hoyt was 31”draw and the new Mathew’s is at 30.5”

Mathews Switchback XT for me. I also have a Mathews HTR and a Hoyt Torrex XT but still love the Switchback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Southfork

FNG
I went to pick up my my Mathews Halon 32 the other day at the bow shop after getting the cams replaced under warranty and ended up leaving with a Hoyt RX-7 Ultra. I’ll always keep and shoot the Mathews, but that new RX-7 sure is smooth.

danwolf

FNG
PSE Omen EC2 cam.

At 27.5” draw, 69# I’m getting 287 fps with 430 grain arrow. Loving the EC2 cam, buttery smooth draw cycle and decent speed too.

9bdc94808c1cf1e74f00b73c5eeee3fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
PSE Omen EC2 cam.

At 27.5” draw, 69# I’m getting 287 fps with 430 grain arrow. Loving the EC2 cam, buttery smooth draw cycle and decent speed too.

9bdc94808c1cf1e74f00b73c5eeee3fb.jpg

I have a Bowtech SR350 in comfort mode that I like much but I am looking forward to trying PSE's Fortis 33 with the EC2 cam.

Aerosith

FNG
How do you like that quiver? I’ve been running a Tight Spot for the last five years, but thinking of trying something else on the new bow. Seems to be mixed reviews on the Hoyt quiver.
It is awesome quiver, I don't believe i've seen any other quiver come in as tight or compact than mine. I'd be willing to bet it comes in tighter than the tight spot.

Last edited:

danwolf

FNG
I have a Bowtech SR350 in comfort mode that I like much but I am looking forward to trying PSE's Fortis 33 with the EC2 cam.

No one sells bow tech near me, but I hear they are nice. You’ll love the fortis, they did good with the new grip.

Southfork

FNG
It is awesome quiver, I don't believe i've any other quiver come in as tight or compact than mine. I'd be willing to bet it comes in tighter than the tight spot.
After watching a couple of videos, I believe you’re right. I think I’m going to get one. Can’t decide between the stretch or the standard Superlight though….

Aerosith

FNG
After watching a couple of videos, I believe you’re right. I think I’m going to get one. Can’t decide between the stretch or the standard Superlight though….
I initially bought the standard superlight but did not like it, later exchanged it for the stretch.... I like it much better.

Firehawk

WKR
Shot TAC this summer in Utah with a Prime Inline1. Enjoyed it, but wanted to try a longer ATA bow. So yesterday I picked up an Inline3 that is in mint condition. Excited to try it.

My other bow is a Hoyt RX-3 which I love as well. But this is the year of Prime for me. Trying to decide if I really like them more than the Hoyt or not. I suspect I will be selling the Inline1 or Inline3 later this year though.