What did you do today to get ready for Elk season?

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
Took a drive in the hunting rig up and checked an area that I have found elk in before and ran into another hunter who was checking cameras. Thursday evening I went up to a spot and did some glassing. Did finally glass up a nice bull just before dark feeding down a strip of timber. Got to say, that perked me up. Last night I attended Paul's webinar.

Broadhead tuning out to 40 yards; worked out tight groups with field points out to 60. Worked on field points with my whitetail bow out to 50. Practiced climbing with Novix mini sticks and Trophyline saddle (lots of work still needed). E-scouting tonight.

Headed west to NV with a truck and trailer loaded full of gear for a sheep hunt then on to AZ for elk hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

grfox92

WKR
Ordered a Zoleo on REI for $149. Got a bunch of the new flavors of Idahoan Instant mashed potatoes, tuna and chicken packets. Need to cut down on the cost of dehydrated meals.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Monster of a gym session this morning with my wife on our anniversary, a quick lake swim, then a few glasses of wine together. Start my drive 6 Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
IMG_8102.jpeg
4 lbs good beef, 1lb sausage, peppers and onions. Green chili powder.

Divvyed up into 1 lb bags, frozen. I can’t live on this crap.

IMG_8116.jpeg

Roll up the meat with cheese in a tortilla, heat it on the stove.

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
I smoked a two pound meat loaf on the Treager and sliced it up and froze it in individual portions for sammiches.

Worked on the vehicle, Washed some clothes, did some minor packing. Got an hour on the bike trainer before going to work this evening.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a 150qt cooler, ordered a Zoleo and a couple boxes of Probars

Weldor

WKR
Serviced atv . All oils,belt general checkout. Got menu ready for 10 day hunt.

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Had been sort of on the fence with my tent as I’ve been really leaning towards an UL tarp setup…so this morning I had a mental lapse of judgement and pulled the trigger on a SG Skyair ULT with accessories. Dropped a pound of pack weight to #42 with 10 days of food!

Anyhow…there’s now a Lightheart Gear SoLong 6 in the classifieds! Killer tent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked on the vehicle, Washed some clothes, did some minor packing. Got an hour on the bike trainer before going to work this evening.

Good for you, I was on an actual bike and went over the handlebars. Concussion, shoulder that doesn't work very good, I need to get a trike, or a stationary bike that's for certain. Hoping by the end of the week I feel better that's for sure. We shall see, setback for sure.

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
Good for you, I was on an actual bike and went over the handlebars. Concussion, shoulder that doesn't work very good, I need to get a trike, or a stationary bike that's for certain. Hoping by the end of the week I feel better that's for sure. We shall see, setback for sure.
Sorry to hear this dude

hobbes

WKR
Shot the bow with my son today. Assisted in making some last minute bow adjustments for him. He seems dialed in with both field points and broadheads afterwards.

Well Ive had three pretty good mountain bike crashes this year, one of them in late july, all three doing some kind of damage to my ribs, either actual breaks or bruising. It's been a rough year. So I am ok to ride again outside, but I leave in a week and don't want to chance another crash. I guess I could always fall off my trainer!!!

Didn't do much else today. Rested up from work last night. Did 40 easy minutes on the trainer. Needed a little recovery. My hill for hill repeats is in direct sun during the day, so I skipped it but legs were sore.

Shot my bow, although going on a rifle hunt. Snapped in with the rifle a bit with all my gear on to make sure I didn't have any issues.

Oil change in the Jeep tomorrow.