What did you do today to get ready for Elk season?

Weldor

WKR
Worked up 6.5 prc loads for early cow hunt. Walked my greyhounds , that gets your legs in shape. Seems like they walk at 40 miles an hour LOL.

Sapcut

WKR
Shot my bow yesterday, got new back pack bladder and new boot laces, slowly brainstorming about preparations.

UncleBone

WKR
Went and scouted the area I am planning to hunt. Ran into a big herd of cows with a raghorn bull or two and had a nice talk with them. Was on my way back to the truck after finding some fresh sign, water and feed and seeing a ton of elk was the icing on the cake.

Iced my cracked ribs…
Yeah, I am dealing with that too. Purposely not riding my mountain bike as to not reinjure myself.

I did finally get all my gear down this weekend, sorted through and started organizing. Rewashed all of my hunting gear. Shot the rifle yesterday (no elk this year but hunting early season above timberline deer during elk season in our normal unit, so it feels like elk season anyway.) Did hill repeats last night at 104 degrees. Today, need to pick up a tripod adapter and shell holder at Bass pro on the way home. WIll probably get on the bike trainer and pedal 20 miles (simulated) as the heat index is like 115 right now.

Will print my list and start checking it off.

SonnyDay

WKR
Sorry to hear that @sodaksooner... Not fun! Hope your recovery is quick. I got COVID last week too just to make it completely miserable. Sneezing/coughing and cracked ribs do not mix!

Walking several miles every day but unfortunately can't put weight in a pack yet.

Cracked some ribs about 10 years ago and it turned out to be a serious blessing... so hoping that somehow works out again this time!

OP
87TT

87TT

WKR
Here's sending good wishes for a full recovery for you guys.
Sorted through my hunting clothes and threw them in the wash. Shot my bow and figured out my peep had slipped so going to retie it. Shot that string since last year and I shoot a lot. Decided to order a new one just because. Anyway, I may or may not replace it before the season.

The Guide

WKR
Shot the Tikka 22 trainer I built with my wife using a tripod for positional training on some steel. I had sinus surgery 2 weeks ago and I'm still on "light duty" so pulling back a 70# bow is on the no no list for another 2 weeks. Another couple of days at a 20# limit and then I get to go to 30# for a week and 40# for the last week.