What do you do for a living?

What do you do for a living and how does it benefit / hurt your ability to scout, hunt and plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Work for the state. Monday through Friday 8-430. All state and federal holidays off. 24 days a year of PTO. I can hunt as much as I can afford to put gas in the pickup which isn’t as often as I would like with government wages but still plenty.

More reading for you if you want.

Heavy equipment operator for local govt. Rarely work a weekend thru season. 18 vacation days a year and overtime can be turned in as comp time. Think I’ve had 35-40 days off this year.

OP
G
More reading for you if you want.

Preciate that

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
Union Ironworker. As much time off as I can afford to take. Typically 6-8 weeks a year.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Work for biotechnology company. I work a lot of hours (salary) but have unlimited PTO for family vacations and hunting season .

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
Retired do what I want to. Been hunting the same area for years, don't get much scouting in as the area is an eight hour drive from the house.

OP
G
Don’t make a whole lot of money, but I work in the woods and spend 3/4 of my days off and leave in the woods. Have 280 days in the sticks combined this year. Pretty terrible if you ask me.

Sounds awesome

4rcgoat

WKR
30 yr Navy career, almost no chances to hunt, being stationed overseas for most of my time. Finally completely retired and got back into hunting about 2 yrs ago. I have a lot to learn, as we could only hunt small game where I grew up back in the midwest. Even though I am an older hunter I am really enjoying it.

My son was Navy,thank you for your service.