what do you think he will score?

CW_12

FNG
I'd have to say mid 160s. We chased a deer in NM that was very similar to this buck. No doubt. Choot em Liz!!!!!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby manned up, so here is my guess using Robby's "both sides average" score:

1" G1
13" G2
9" G3
11" G4
22" MBs
20" IS
30" mass
2" non-typ on right G3

Gross 164

Matt, I could be high on those G2's, but I don't think I'm that high. Bucks with 13" G2 look "short" and I don't think he does. He might have 15" G2, dropping my guess into the 170's, but I just can't see 13" G2.

'course I'm wearing reading glasses to type this.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Matt, I could be high on those G2's, but I don't think I'm that high. Bucks with 13" G2 look "short" and I don't think he does. He might have 15" G2, dropping my guess into the 170's, but I just can't see 13" G2.

'course I'm wearing reading glasses to type this.

That's OK Robby, I am just making my best guess too. To me he looks like one of those bucks that looks bigger than he is because his frame is scaled down a little bit. In any case, the only way to know is to put the tape on him. Maybe AJ can find his sheds!

I think he is a great looking deer still.

This one went 164 and change, and I think they are similar deer:

mattdeeremail.jpg

I was proud of him, whatever the score.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
oh ya, that's a pretty buck and good pic.
AJ, go pick up those sheds this afternoon so we can relieve the tension.

Robby,

I am more along your lines....

I was looking 190 Gross. Look at the Depth in the forks! Would like to see a little more mass but he carries what he has!

Very strong fronts and backs, ok mass (not spindly but not heavy) and he carries it consistently up through his rack, decent mains and good, "box" frame size.

I think 180 is too generous, 160 is pretty stingy. I bet he grosses low 170s or thereabouts pretty easily. Ill go......171 2/8 :D

Whats more, he looks like he's young too.

Now go shoot him so we know who won!

Last edited:
I say 180 for sure if he had some good G1s His outside spread looks to be 26 to 27 it would be easier if his ears were forward.

Man, I must be outta practice. I'm getting 185+ Gross
based on averaging each G score
2" G1
17" G2
12" G3
12" G4
22" MBs
22" IS
33" mass
3" non-typ on right G3

I'm with u, with one caveat, body size, the pic says he's a little guy to me but if that rack is sitting on a 260-80 lb minimum muley I see a 190 gross, never under estimate forks like that, my 203 had what I thought was a 180 frame until the tape hit him, all fork gain. Anyhow, he looks little bodied and youngish to me and if so he's still gonna push 175 plus by my guessing. If he's young as he looks in that pic, huge potential for booner there IMO, hard to let em grow when they look like that tho.