Would you do it?

Honestly don't see much issue legally or morally... If you think you can confidently harvest the buck after a good shoot... Go for it. Good luck and post pics!

bgipson

FNG
People are so oblivious in their own worlds I wouldn't think twice about that. 200+ yards is a long way to go for a deer hit well, so don't botch the shot and you'll be fine.

I’d go for it, use your head and make an attempt! Make the shot count and he won’t get close to the road.

Yea be there opening morning before light try and find him with a nice big flashlight then shut it off and watch him till the clock hits that legal minute send one through his heart he won't make it 150 yards

In my experience lots of people over look the country that close to roads. Not sure of your locale, but I have seen these "road bucks" for lack of a better term, feel fairly comfortable around commotion. If ya booger him up, he may be back in there a few days later. I say DO IT..

as to the wounded deer crossing the road, my first deer I ever shot ran across a gravel road and almost got hit by a truck! As if I wasnt already shaken up enough! lol