What gear was a pleasant surprise?

tracker12

WKR
Not that many will be shocked but I finally sucked it up and bought Swaro SLC 8 powers and a Marsupial set up to carry them. Both should have been bought years ago amazing what quality glass does for your hunting enjoyment.
Did the same bino purchase SLCs are great and the 8x are perfect

PA Hunter

WKR
My new Fierce .300 RUM Titanium action carbon barrel smoothest action I ever handled extremely lightweight absolutely no kick with the excellent muzzle break and 1/4 moa with my reloads. Love it.

Elk97

WKR
Exodus broadheads, sharp out of the package, fly like field points, kill elk.
Mystery Ranch Pop up 28, perfect day pack
HME 3 color face paint stick, fast, easy, small

EJMK

FNG
Solid Broadheads - 100gr Deep Six. I’ve had pass throughs on a bull and buck in consecutive years. I’ve contemplated investing/testing some Iron Will heads but so far the Solid’s performance for me have been awesome.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
in the last year.

Suprises kinda
Gossamer Gear collapsable trekking poles. I actually have to train without. But when i use them if feels like 50% less weight. Never thought they would work so well. Doubles as poles for my tent.

Kuiu Peloton. This stuff has replaced my early season wool. Dries quickly and wicks wonderfully.

Very Happy Researched to Death Gear that wasnt a suprise.
Barrett Field Craft with Swaro Z5 3-18 and Spartan Bipod. I couldnt ask for a better lightweight gun that is under 7lbs and can put 5 consective shots on a quarter.

Zeiss Victory RF 10x54 binos. I have never bought super quality glass binos because it isnt sexy as guns and scopes. I was amazed at the clarity.

FlyGuy

WKR
Tyto knife. 1st time using a replaceable blade knife and I don’t think I’m going back.

Not really a surprise, but the Kowa77 on an outdoorsman’s tripod & head was dreamy. Way more impressed with it than I expected to be.

Sitka Apex pants and hoodie. Perfect for September.

You can’t cheat the mountain

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
Fortunate to have the best gear in my later empty nester years. Equipment Tech, materials & design/function is amazing compared to 30 years ago.
But this stood out from all the past years...

…..Iridium Extreme 9575 Satellite Phone

worth every dollar....60 min of service plan too, txts, short calls home

WVelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely merino wool base layers. So far Firstlite is my favorite. I've tried kuiu, firstlite, and black ovis and firstlite is definitely the softest and best fit.

b-Rant

FNG
Merino base layers and the corrugate jacket from FL. Thought It would be a jacket to only protect merino layers but wore it from early sept through till nov over any layer while on the move, crawling, sitting or pushing thickets.

First lite “unpronounceable “ vest. Also, the Kuiu Kenai Pants and Jacket. I wore these almost every day this winter. I go from sitting stationary in the cold to bursts of intense activity. These three pieces were great

Don’t want want to jinx myself but, Hammer Bullets. Preliminary load development has my factory x bolt win mag shooting just over .5 moa.

huntdoc

FNG
GAIA mapping, phone and laptop. Learning tons from different maps. Cheap too compared to so many other options.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
King of Mountain wool clothes. Should have prioritized this purchase 25 years ago. Combined with my merino underneath I am invincible to Mother Nature! I recently ordered wool lined super feet to complete the head to toe wool coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am so glad I read your response and looked into King of Mountain! I had no idea what the hell was up with the price but seems like it’s the tops of line for heavy duty wool and looks like these guys are out of Sturgis being a South Dakota boy, I’m all in!

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
1. Baby wipes. I didnt know hunting without an itchy butt was a thing.
2. Merino or “smart wool” socks. I wear them year round its all i buy. Feet stink less but no more swampy sweaty socks. Seemed like a dumb purchase, had to convince myself to buy a pair, turned out to be a night and day difference.

Jayski33

FNG
Pleasant surprises:

1) Cabelas Outfitter HD binoculars. Hard to find but worth 5x as much as I paid for them.

2) Eberlestock Dragonfly pack. Got it for under $200 new on clearance and I love it.

3) Tikka rifles (as someone said, boring in a good way).

4) Kings Camo polyester pants. Best $40 I've ever spent on hunting clothes, period. Never seem to get dirty, dry fast, are warm when it's cold and cool when it's hot. I have no idea why they are so good, but I'm glad I bought two pairs when I did.
Which King Camo pants are you referring to? Thanks in advance.