What gun to choose?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Based on the serial numbers those are both pre 1964 Winchester model 94s. I’d take one of those two out of any of the lot for sure.

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
Choose the one you'll treasure most and think of your grandfather every time you touch it.
You can buy practical guns the rest of your life, you'll only have one from him.

WCB

WKR
Choose the one you'll treasure most and think of your grandfather every time you touch it.
You can buy practical guns the rest of your life, you'll only have one from him.
Kind of agree with this. When one of my Grandpa's passed I got hit trap gun nothing special and I had never even shot with him or hunted but watched him clean it a time or two (he passed 27 years ago when I was 8). I shoot it now and then and instantly think of hi when I see it in the safe.

My other grandpa is 90 and still hunting. I have been on tons of hunts with him. He has some very nice guns value wise and a few custom shotguns with engraving and inlays and the whole 9 yards. He asked me a year or so ago about anything I want when he is no longer here. I told him the only thing I want his 1963 Model 700 7mm Rem. It is beat up has an old 4x weaver with a 1minute dot. He has killed truck loads of animals with it including the Slam plus some. Got to watch him take an Aoudad with it at 375 yards and put a second one into it at 400 yards running when he was 85.

Spoonbill

WKR
Man, that is a nice collection. The browning superposed is a great shotgun, if it were me I would take that. If nothing else, you can use it to bust clays and take it on fair weather hunts.

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
What a great guy! And a wonderful problem to have in choosing one from that list. The .300 WSM or the Marlin 336A 35 Rem would be a fantastic addition to what you already have as they are both a little bigger than what you have. I know a few folks that adore their Marlin 336A's, so that one would be hard to pass up if it were me. Great short-ish range Deer/Elk/Black Bear round.

For upland game, that over/under Citori would also be fantastic.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
I’d echo the sentiment to take the nicest Browning shotgun in the bunch. Get a good one for the field and it will be great for dove, quail, or upland hunting. I live in the southeast so I can’t give you much advice on whether it’s great for pheasants, Chukar, etc. My favorite uncle (the only member of my family who hunted and he took me along) gave me one of his own shotguns for high school graduation. It wasn’t anything special, just a reliable Remington 1100 but every year I take it into the dove field for the family shoot, I think about him and smile. If not the shotgun, I can heartily recommend the 308 BLR. I have one (Japan made) and it’s my primary hunting rifle. I think the Belgian made ones are a rarity so I’d be all over that.

I would say to sit down with him and let him tell you which to chose. It will be more meaningful for it to be something he thought would be best.

CCH

WKR
I agree with picking something he has used and that has meaning, but having owned one and knowing how hard they are to get, I recommend the Browning BSS 20 gauge. It is not the lightest 20 out there, but they are extremely well made and for me it was a natural shooter. You are already pretty well set for western rifle hunting.

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
Since you already have a 270win, I would take one of the Belgian made Browning shotguns.