What is everybody using for cold weather gloves?

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider

Coldtrail

WKR
I'll 2nd the Chopper mitts and military wool glove liner, when hands are warm or you are in the action use just the liners, if you get cold put the mitts over the top for a while and warm them up. I've never found any glove that keeps hands warm while hanging on to a long gun for any real length of time, and always good to be prepared for any crap weather that sneaks up on you.

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
I always have a tough time keeping my hands warm.

Mechanics gloves down to the 20's.

Wool Flip Mittens below that with a merino liner glove when really cold.

Loper

WKR
I just got a pair of these and I’m very happy with them, especially for the price. I haven’t used my other gloves at all this year. I love the ability to fold the mitt back and use my bare fingers when needed. I think I paid about $11 on Amazon.

Not sure what kind of bird hunting you are doing, but if waterfowl hunting and just sitting in a blind, I prefer not use gloves and just keep my hands in a muff along with some hot hands.

I need to modify my previous post. A few mornings ago it was 22 degrees and I was using the rag wool mittens with the thinsulate and I needed to put some hand warmers in to keep my hands comfortable.

Then the next morning the truck said 5 degrees when I got out and I decided to skip the rag wool mittens and used my Swani ski gloves.

I like chopper mits with wool mitt liners...get a size bigger and you can put a hot hands in them when its really cold.

rhustek

FNG
Eastern CO hunts

I've been using the FirstLite Talus (fingerless) but they also sell a full fingered. If it gets really nasty then I put some military surplus mittens over the gloves. The surplus mittens have a trigger finger and are really warm, I keep a set in the truck at all times.

Google Search:
FirstLite Talus
M1965 trigger finger mitten liner

Atlas double-dipped PVC with fleece lining are probably the holy grail of warmth, toughness, dexterity, and waterproof...used by Alaskan crabbers and other outdoor workers for many moons....

I will admit I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to gloves. I have poor circulation in my hands apparently and I lose feeling in my fingers easily. I've tried a lot of different gloves over the years. A big decision to make is whether or not you want waterproof gloves or not. I think having them be waterproof is worth it. If it's rainy or snowy it seems like I always end up with wet hands from busting brush or whatever else. The best waterproof gloves I've found thus far are the Orvis Waterproof Hunting gloves. They strike a good balance between being warm enough while also being thin enough in the fingers to retain dexterity. Orvis also makes a Cold Weather Hunting glove that is very nice but not waterproof.

It it isn't cold enough for those I just use leather shooting gloves and they do help keep your hands a little warmer but not much.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
as others have mentioned; Kinco gloves or mittens + sno seal. Wear with a light glove liner. Great on really crappy days.

idguide

FNG
I use serius all weather gloves and the sitka mitts when shit gets stupid.

cabc4b368c892f1da865f5ec4fc1052b.jpg

Regular deer skin gloves from the hardware store. Size up and wear fingerless wool gloves underneath. If it’s really cold I put a hand warmer across the back of my hand inside the glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex68w

WKR
cabc4b368c892f1da865f5ec4fc1052b.jpg

Regular deer skin gloves from the hardware store. Size up and wear fingerless wool gloves underneath. If it’s really cold I put a hand warmer across the back of my hand inside the glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I do, $17 a pair makes them easily disposable when the time comes and doesn't hurt as bad should I lose one while hunting. I keep packs of Hot Hands readily available when upland and waterfowl hunting.

For duck hunting/boating in cold, windy conditions, I like large waterproof shell mittens

waterproof_mittens.jpg
I sewed from an old pair of breathable waders with 2 pair of polarfleece mittens and chemical hand warmers inside.

While hunting, I substitute a polar fleece glove instead of mitten on my trigger hand, then switch back to waterproof mittens for picking up decoys and boating back to duck camp.

*zap*

WKR
Outdoor research offers some very good gloves/mittens. For sitting in extreme cold the mutant mittens with liners are very good but they need to come off to fire a weapon. I have put my wrist strap over the liner and could shoot my bow after taking off the outer....you want some type of dump pouch handy for what you take off. They come with idiot cords but I worried about string interference.

Mosby

WKR
I wear cheap lightweight fleece gloves when I am pheasant hunting. As long as I am moving I am normally ok. I have a dozen pair of heavy gloves I don't use anymore. My hands still got cold and I couldn't feel the gun or trigger so I stopped wearing them. I keep hand warmers in my pockets and suck it up with thinner gloves. If it gets too cold and I can't stay comfortable, I call my dog in and go back to the truck. Life's too short.