What is everyone's career choice??

505Wapiti

WKR
Managing a sales team for medical capital equipment in patient monitoring and life support.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
I was a carpenter for a few years, hated it so I joined the Army 2010. Learned how to static line parachute, got to travel to wild and exotic places, attend all kinds of "professional development schools", working on my BS in Wildlife Biology currently and I'm going to carry that through to a graduate degree. Also, currently trying to become a Warrant Officer so I don't have to sleep with my head in the mud for the last half of my career. I'm 37, been in the service for 12 years and neither myself nor my wife consider me to be really grown up yet. I still don't have any idea what I want to when I retire but if this Warrant Officer thing works out for me, the TS/SCI clearance that comes along with it will make sure whatever I do pays me well.

See username.

Dad was an ABEW electrician. I went to engineering school thinking it was going to be more hands on or that I'd get to actually solve real problems, but I spend my time in front of a computer for 12-14 hours a day making people less qualified than me look good so they can get paid more than me.

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
Electrical PE and operations manager for a consulting engineering firm.

WKR
I was a carpenter for a few years, hated it so I joined the Army 2010. Learned how to static line parachute, got to travel to wild and exotic places, attend all kinds of "professional development schools", working on my BS in Wildlife Biology currently and I'm going to carry that through to a graduate degree. Also, currently trying to become a Warrant Officer so I don't have to sleep with my head in the mud for the last half of my career. I'm 37, been in the service for 12 years and neither myself nor my wife consider me to be really grown up yet. I still don't have any idea what I want to when I retire but if this Warrant Officer thing works out for me, the TS/SCI clearance that comes along with it will make sure whatever I do pays me well.
One of my regrets is not staying in the Army. I did four years and things went well - made E5 at the three year mark, spent the last year as a fire team leader, and finished with a good NCOER, etc. Had a good duty station too. My time at Fort Bragg was sometimes bit of a drag but then I got to Vicenza, Italy and that’s about as good as it gets.

But at 22, I thought life was passing me by so I got out. If I could do it again, I would put in for Special Forces Assessment and Selection.

These days I’m a cop. I like it but I could have still done it after doing 20 in the Army.

Last edited:

Phaseolus

WKR
Retired from agricultural research. Mostly I was part of a team that through traditional breeding improved traits of yield, plant architecture, and disease tolerance in the genus Phaseolus aka dry beans. There are no GMO dry beans in North America.