What do you do for a living?

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Roofing Sales in Northern CO. A lot of our clients live in the mountains so it’s easy to scout on the way home. Get to make my own schedule. Work as much or as little as I want just need to keep the wife happy at home.

Wildlife biologist for government agency. Pay kinda sucks, but flex schedule and generous benefits (currently up to 24 days vacation that rolls over) allows for plenty of hunting time.

Tradchef

WKR
I recently started my own personal/ private chef business after 32 years of restaurant and chef life in high end restaurants. I worked my ass off with nothing in return for so many years and so many years of hunting 1/4 days or 2 hours here and there. I was always successful but I got tired of that a couple years ago. Now I hunt and do what I want when I want. It’s truly an amazing feeling

I recently started my own personal/ private chef business after 32 years of restaurant and chef life in high end restaurants. I worked my ass off with nothing in return for so many years and so many years of hunting 1/4 days or 2 hours here and there. I was always successful but I got tired of that a couple years ago. Now I hunt and do what I want when I want. It’s truly an amazing feeling

Post your favorite standing rib roast recipe, please.

P

hunterjmj

WKR
Commercial refrigeration. Gain the skills, work for a decent outfit and you'll have plenty of time. Finding a company who will let you take time off when you want is the tough part. Grocery stores and cold storage require lots of late nights, weekends and middle of the night work. Pay is great but you might have to bounce around a few companies to find a good fit.
Good luck on your quest.
If I was 18 again I'd do several different trades over a 6-7 year period to see what all is out there. It's a good way to find out what you're good at.
I really think the trades are going to take off in the near future as far as pay/benefits go. Demand keeps going up and supply of workers is not keeping up. That is going to bring a premium.
Just my 2 cents.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Project manager for a general contractor. Get a decent amount of vacation, and we work in a lot of states in the west. I only hire hunters willing to share their best spots 😂

WHALL

FNG
What do you do for a living and how does it benefit / hurt your ability to scout, hunt and plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mechanical Integrity Inspector, 5 weeks vacation, amazing hunting culture throughout the plant, helps balance, family, scouting and hunting opportunities.

Cwlauger

FNG
I’m a teacher. So I have weekends, holidays, spring, fall and winter break and a long summer break. Got a pretty good amount of time! Thinking about doing some hunting trips to other states.