What music do you listen to?

Bigjay73

Lil-Rokslider
Good taste in music! Don’t find too many people that like the good stuff haha. You ought to check out Ryan Bingham, lost dog street band, whitey morgan, colter wall, drive by truckers, elevenhundred springs, dolly shine, and joe wetzel. Some good ones. And of course the true king of country (IMO) Chris Ledoux!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan Bingham, and Colter Wall make some damn fine music. Check out Shawn James, and White Buffalo if you dont already listen to them.

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Ryan Bingham, and Colter Wall make some damn fine music. Check out Shawn James, and White Buffalo if you dont already listen to them.

Yes they do, some of my favorites man. I have a few of Shawn James, I’ll check out white buffalo.
Some more good ones are kenny Feidler, Luke Kaufman, Matt Robertson, Bremen hill, Corey marrow, Shane smith and the saints. I got a pretty sweet playlist on Spotify with all these guys and lots more if anyone wants a new angle at this music

Last edited:

Bigjay73

Lil-Rokslider
Yes they do, some of my favorites man. I have a few of Shawn James, I’ll check out white buffalo.
Some more good ones are kenny Feidler, Luke Kaufman, Matt Robertson, Corey marrow, Shane smith and the saints. I got a pretty sweet playlist on Spotify with all these guys and lots more if anyone wants a new angle at this music

Always looking for good new music.

diggerak

FNG
I'm a radio channel surfer so I listen to anything from country to heavy metal

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Modern Reggae, there I said it, Modern Reggae DUB and I make my own music as well.

Stick Figure
Slightly Stoopid
The Movement
etc.....

I just thought I'd check in and this topic has to tie for #1 with CHASING RAMS across the mountains..so much good music and so little time...those I've seen live and those only on YouTube/Apple TV or blasting my ears while working out or riding/jogging/hiking. A few here we go...
Imagine Dragons...my wife and I saw them on the "Evolve" tour..."Radioactive" is pure energy. What a show.
Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder..."Society"...was on the YouTube video "Alyeska"...was taken down due to copyright issues.
Ludovico Einaudi...The Royal Albert Hall Concert...The iTunes concert...from Turin, Italy
Pink Floyd/David Gilmore..."Comfortably Numb"...unbelievalbe guitar rips
David Bowie/Mick Ronson..."All the Young Dudes"...anything from "David Live"..."Heroes"..."Young Americans"..."1984"
James McMurtry and the Heartless Bastards..."Live in Aught 3"...recorded at the Zephyr in Salt Lake..."The Lights of Cheyenne"..."Out Here in the Middle"..."Levelland"
Jason Isbell...anything that boy does
Robert Earl Keen..."No. 2 Live Dinner"..."Rollin By, Merry Christmas From the Family, Mariano"...anything by REK...I've lost count how many times I've seen 'em live
Neil Young...Neil Young and Crazy Horse..."Cortez the Killer"..."Cinnamon Girl"...anything that boy does is GOLD...last saw him at the Fox Theater in St Louis
DRIVE BY TRUCKERS... The pride of Athens, GA...never miss their homecoming concert..."Zip City"..."Decoration Day"...top shelf electric guitar rips
Lyle Lovett..."Step Into This House"..."North Dakota"..."If I Had a Boat"..."Closing Time"
Asleep at the Wheel..."Ride with Bob"...great Texas Swing
Allison Krauss & Union Station...anything from the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack
CSNY..."Four-Way Street"...LIVE..."Carry On, Southern Man, Suite:Judy Blue Eyes, Almost Cut My Hair"
Edwin McCain..."I'll Be"..."Prayer to St Peter"..."Go Be Young"...anything by that boy is good
Tedeschi Trucks Band...Derek Trucks' guitar solo on "Midnight in Harlem" and his beautiful blonde wife singing along...I've seen them live from Hotlanta to Boulder CO
Lynyrd Skynyrd...who can leave out "Free Bird"..."The Needle and the Spoon"..."Sweet Home Alabama"!!!..."Simple Man"-the version from "Live from Steeltown"
Jeff Black..."Birmingham Road"
Johnny Lang...as Bluesy as it gets..."Wander This World"
Townes Van Zandt..."If I Needed You"..."Flying Shoes"..."Pancho and Lefty"-he wrote it, not Willie
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood together at "Crossroads" for "Can't Find My Way Home" and "Dear Mr. Fantasy"...and "Cocaine"
Kenny Loggins/Jim Messina...live version of "Angry Eyes"...Messina rips the guitar
Jack White and the Raconteurs...The White Stripes..."Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground"
Led Zeppelin..."Stairway to Heaven"..."Going to California"..."The Viking Song"..."Houses of the Holy"..."The Rain Song"...
Yes...Yessongs...Steve Howe was/is still the fastest electric guitar virtuoso alive "Starship Trooper"..."Yours is No Disgrace"...."Wondrous Stories"...wow, those were hazy bogart dazed concerts
George Winston..."Night Divides the Day"..."The Music of the Doors"..." The Crystal Ship"
The Rolling Stones...CD #2 from "40 Licks" double album
and the winner is...Lou Reed...the lead solo guitar intro to "Sweet Jane" from the album "Rock n Roll Animal"...listen to the lead intro and tell me you don't get goosebumps.
Cheers,
DWD

jspradley

WKR
Mostly metal, with the full recognition that there is a LOT of really shitty metal out there lol

I've been jamming a lot of Jinjer, Amorphis, Black Dahlia Murder and Paradise Lost lately.

I also really enjoy darker folk music like Murder by Death, Colter Wall and Larry and his Flask.

I dig some conscious hip hop stuff like Aesop Rock, Sage Francis and Busdriver.

Adventure

FNG
Mostly Country music. I really like the Artist Drake White. He is also a avid hunter.

jspradley

WKR
I saw Author and Punisher live for the 2nd time opening up for Cattle Decapitation (who were freaking amazing as well) Sunday night.

Dude is a musical genius...a one man industrial metal band playing his own DIY analog synth trigger instruments

robtattoo

WKR
Literally ANYTHING but country. I have a dear, dear love for '70s & '80s Ska & reggae.(mostly because that's what I grew up with in the UK.)
If I'm tuned into a station, I'll pick whichever is heaviest. I mostly listen to thrash metal.

cattleman99

Lil-Rokslider
Chris LeDoux is at the top of the list, other than that I enjoy Ian Tyson, Dave Stamey, Dean Martin, Marty Robbins, Don Edwards etc. I can’t stand the new “country” one bit. There’s nothin like the oldies that tell stories