What music do you listen to?

kiddogy

WKR
gospel. I believe my favorite at this time is" the promise" performed by Grace Larson.

second choice would be the bugle of a bull elk in sept

Last edited:

Elk97

WKR
Patsy Cline, Willy N, BB King, Aretha, Eric Clapton, Greg Brown and a bunch of others I can't think of right now

Classic rock mainly from mid 60's threw the 70's and some from the 80's, Neil young put out some good cd's in the 80's.
"RANT"
I'm not a fan of 98% of the current country music. When browsing threw radio stations it's tough to tell if it's "country" or if it's R and B, Pop, 14 year old girl music or christian rock "No offense". But now a days in suburban America lot's wanna be a "redneck" and wave there confederate flag while blaring country music. Our local music venues sell out for every country music concert. Country music festivals around here are crazy popular, these concerts are held in Camden nj or Philadelphis, PA. 95% of us in NJ aint rednecks, hillbilly's, country boys , hicks, whatever you wanna call your self.

Apocalyptica, Zak Wild, Johnny Cash, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead, Nirvana and Chris LeDoux with s dash of classical and big band swing thrown inI would seem to get the most play around here.

I’ll listen to just about anything with good musicianship, even if I can’t stomach them on a personal level (Sting & Geddy) but draw the line at sampled crap and new cuntry.

I find myself listening to a lot of isolated drum tracks from Stewart Copeland, Michael Shrieve and John Bonham and isolated bass tracks from Cliff Burton, Noel Redding and John Paul Jones.

I love old country, metal, bluegrass, reggae... No new country for me is about the only exception. Slayer in November? How was the show? was it at CO Springs Broadmoor? Saw them several times, starting in 1988! Pantera, Metallica, etc. Love Larry Keel on the new bluegrass tip. Del McCoury, Town Mountain, etc. George Jones, Ralph Stanley with Keith Whitley, Bill Monroe, Tony Rice... so much to love!
I love music, but hunting is more important to me in the last 5 years or so. Don't have to rely on anyone else to make it happen (as in, playing music: needing to have 4 or 5 people on same page to make music)

Winters Kamp

Lil-Rokslider
Im not a fan of mainstream, however, I do like Megadeth and Sevendust. Most of the other music I listen to is playing on XM Jam On. I like King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard and Umphrey’s McGee. I love progressive rock very much.

ODB

WKR
Apocalyptica, Zak Wild, Johnny Cash, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead, Nirvana and Chris LeDoux with s dash of classical and big band swing thrown inI would seem to get the most play around here.

I’ll listen to just about anything with good musicianship, even if I can’t stomach them on a personal level (Sting & Geddy) but draw the line at sampled crap and new cuntry.

I find myself listening to a lot of isolated drum tracks from Stewart Copeland, Michael Shrieve and John Bonham and isolated bass tracks from Cliff Burton, Noel Redding and John Paul Jones.

Isolated tracks? Where do you get those?? That sounds cool.

Squamch

WKR
My current playlist has Snak the ripper, Shooter Jennings, Kingston Trio, Beach boys, 1200mics, Alabama Thunderpussy, Lady Gaga, Dtg, trans-Siberian orchestra, Hendrix, Pantera, and Futuristic Polar Bears.

I listen to everything...but my dirty little musical secret is a super heavy repetitive pounding bass line. Blame it on the recreational pharmaceuticals in high school.

Isolated tracks? Where do you get those?? That sounds cool.

My cousin is a drums and percussion teacher and hooked me up with some pretty cool isolated tracks they use to teach with.
I’ll ask him details the next time I see him.
Wish I could be more help but I’m just the audience.