What never leaves your pack

Fry

FNG
I carry a lot of what was mentioned. But one thing I carry i havent seen mentioned is a whistle. Try yelling to a search party when your pain and exhausted. They make little flat orange whistles loud as shit. Its one little peice that could speed up someone finding you. It is always on me.

Headlamp, First aid kit, multi tool, compass and of course baby wipes. everything else is customizable depending on the activity and time of year

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If it never leaves my pack, that means that I've never needed it or used it. ;)

But there are some items that I "always take" in my pack that I do use. Like water, wipes, small flashlight, headlamp, GPS, Havalon, fixed blade knife, beanie, extra batteries, first aid kit, paracord, flagging tape, and compass. Then hunting specific items when I'm hunting like game bags, elk calls, etc. My first aid kit has all kinds of little stuff beyond first aid, like extra nocks, some d-loop material, serving, small allen wrench for my rest, fire starter, lighter, etc.

+1 to @5MilesBack ... I'd like to take my kill kit out, but I'd have to kill something first. So there it stays, right in the smallest pocket on the bottom of the pack. The trauma pack is in the next pocket up...pretty glad that gets to stay in the pack.

gclubb02

FNG
Space blanket, first aid kit, ziplock with survival and backup type things like waterproof matches, cotton balls, a backup knife, compass, replacement cord for my hamskea, spare contacts, small notepad, pen, etc. dry sack, kill kit, puffy jacket, tp, headlamp, merino beanie, inreach, and last but not least a nalgene full of water

Last edited:

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
First aid kit, my "survival kit" which is fire starter stuff, emergency blanket, etc, and my inflatable seat, gotta have a comfy place to sit!

First aid (with tourniquet and quick clot)
Kill kit (bags, fixed knife, zip ties, paracord)
Rain gear
Water filter
Head lamp and three fresh aaa taped up
Ti cup and a few instant coffees
Small bic lighter
Wipes
contractor trash bag

Planning to add a zoleo/inreach this year

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Other than the first aid/ safety gear, I always have a contractor size garbage bag. Works for keeping things dry, and works to keep dirty things separate from other things in my pack. Just make sure you don't grab a scented one.